Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Email notifications on E6 under Belle

Contributor
atacama

Email notifications on E6 under Belle

Hi there, I am a semi-proud owner of E6 business smart phone from Nokia. A great phone in many aspects. My choice of this particular model was made based on the fact that I need a constant access to my email services both sending and receiving and therefore prefer full qwerty keyboard. Now, I got that for the money. The surprising moment on Anna was the lack of email notifications in the system. That problem had a workaround available as the mail widgets could be installed on the main desktop and monitored easily. Now after an upgrade to Belle (suggested by Nokia) I expected to see mail notifications incorporated into the notification system and pull-down menu. But.. it didn't happen... Moreover, new mail widgets occupy most of the screen on E6. That makes them absolutely impractical on this particular model as to use them you need to devote a whole desktop screen to each one of them. I have two main mail accounts that I need to monitor constantly. Thanks to Nokia Belle, it became very difficult in normal environment and absolutely impossible in silent mode. I would really appreciate any possible solution to this problem the sooner the better. Personally this problem became a reason to regret not switching to Android (which, at the end of the day, quickly becomes the only option now). So now you have a very dissatisfied customer on your hands.
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

Guys at nokia seem just fixated on one thing now ... goooood quality hardware. I wonder who is the software department incharge. I would give him so many kudos.... I think they design the entire operating system while sleeping or something. THey put belle on E series and take away all the practical stuff and turned a series of business phones into a series of sixteen year old's toys. NOKIA please wake up.
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Contributor
atacama

Yeep, it's just another bloody facebook phone now. Not even that...
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

i have been a huge nokia fan till my e71 ever since i got my e7..... i love the form factor the looks but the software is terrible.
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Sage
owca83

[ Edited ]

still no solution!!!......E6

Moderators notes: Profanity removed.

Please use plain text.
Sage
owca83

....and there is still NO SOLUTION!!!

NOKIA WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

There wont be any solution. This was the last kick the e series phones got. Dead end for the e series now .
Please use plain text.
Sage
bbnaco

There is news of reworked widgets coming sometime in the future. No concrete/official information yet.
Please use plain text.
Sage
owca83

[ Edited ]

in the future, in the future...i've changed the #$^ #  E6...and now i'm using my old E72 and thats fine!

The E6 is downgrade into my 2nd SIM Card Phone. And in nearest future i think i will sell it!

I've been using nokia for over 14 years...and for now on..i think NOKIA never again!

A QWERTY businessphone without EMail notifications??...thats like a GSMPhone without SMS function..and of course notifications!

Come on!! Should I beggin nokia to give me a normal functionary Businessphone? And maybe some new widgets? Maybe some notifications? oooh and maybe an update? Please nokia please..??!!

NO- Nokia should beggin us to buy that piece of #%# phone

Nokia is loosing market every day and since the E6 BELLE I know very well why!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
E6LB

[ Edited ]

@Nokia, please fix this and add a proper "New Email"/"New Message" notification in the status bar (Status Area).  

Funny thing is that there is such a notification (an closed envelope) in Carbide.UI standard theme for the Nokia E6 (E6Belle v.1.0.0 plug in).

Thanks,

Lars 

Please use plain text.