Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Email started often asking for password

Counsellor
jezston

Email started often asking for password

This is strange. I've had my n8 for a couple of months now, and its been fine but in the last week or so some strange thing has started happening.

It regularly grabs my email fine but for some reason every so often asks for my password again. I'm using my phone and suddenly this prompt pops up demanding my email password. It does it most often for my bt internet email, several times a day, occasionally for my yahoo email, but never for my gmail adress.

Any ideas why its started doing this and how I can fix it?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

this has happened me a few times on more than just mail,has ever rebooted by itself?i think this may be the cause.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

My phone has of course crashed and rebooted by itself on more than one occasion - it is a Nokia N8 after all :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

hah LOL
well this is the only reason i can think of why the phone requests the password

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

Oh I see no it does it regardless of whether the phone has crashed recently or not. There doesn't appear to be a correlation.

Please use plain text.
Sage
emceedjcd

My N8 has done that a couple of times in the past few weeks.  I chalked it up to a Nokia server problem connecting with my e-mail account.  That's the only thing that I could think of.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Since I bought my N8 I'm currently facing the same issue. I have 3 email accounts, each having a widget entry in the third home screen. It asks me at minimum once a day the password for some of the 3 email accounts (one is xxx@ovi.com). I must add that the N8 messaging is hanging once a day, ie it doesn't update anymore some of the email accounts. In this case I have to switch off then on the N8. And then some minutes after that it asks some of the passwords again, not always... Any idea ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

It appears I have the other problems you mention, too. Just noticed one of the email accounts that causes me such a problem hasn't received any emails since yesterday, even though there should be new messages.

I'll direct Nokia support to this thread as I'm guessing this is a general problem.

Anyone else with this issue please comment on this thread.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

My son who owns a N8 more recently faces the sames issues. I do think too that it is a more general problem with the messaging tool.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jaffa777

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

Oh now that is very interesting - the issues described on the above thread are with BT Internet emails (handled by yahoo) and Yahoo emails.

Which happens to be exactly the same as me!

AND they started happening for other people around the same time they started happening to me!

I think an email may warrant being sent to BT/Yahoo, too.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
e71n8

This beggers belief.

We have had this problem for about 3 weeks, with no proper resolution.

What are Nokia doing about it?

This should have taken a couple of days at best.

Please use plain text.