Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Exchange ActiveSync really the only mail option in...

micahb
Accepted Solution

Exchange ActiveSync really the only mail option in Nokia 808??

Another 808 question...

Is Exchange really the only mail option?  I've been able to sync my Gmail account and grab all my contacts (which is awesome, btw).  But then I try to create another mailbox.  I just want to set up my corporate email (a regular IMAP account), but  I see "Exchange ActiveSync" is the only option.  Nothing about other providers or anything else like on other Nseries phones.  I choose it anyway thinking it will bypass it, but it simply says:  "Maximum number of mailboxes chosen...please delete existing mailbox".

Do I really need to purchase a 3rd party app just to get a second mailbox?  What am I missing here?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Exchange ActiveSync really the only mail option in Nokia 808??

[ Edited ]

Hi micahd,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum.

When you have a SIM inserted you should see all mailbox options when you go to MENU>Mail>New mailbox

Besides Exchange Active Sync you should see several preset options depending on your region and the 'other' options which allows for a manual install.

If you do not see these options I would suggest you soft reset the Nokia 808, this will reset default settings and not remove any personal data. Dial *#7780# followed by the (optional) security code 12345 and check again after the reset finishes.

If this does not resolve this you may try a hard reset which will remove all personal data from the phone's internal memory, so make a backup in Nokia Suite first (Tools/Backup). Then dial *#7370# again if asked followed by the  security code 12345.

If after this reset you still do not see the additional options please visit a Nokia Care Point for further assistance.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
micahb

Thanks.  Is was in fact because I didn't have my SIM card inserted.

Please use plain text.
ah2013

I'm having the same problem with my new 808. My question is whether Exchange ActiveSync is the ONLY 

mail option for WLAN connections? (That is when you don't use a simcard for a mobile network?)

Wifi works perfectly, and I have done the FP2 update plus the WLAN update (current version 113.010.1506.222.01).

However, when I try to add a mailbox, Exchange ActiveSync is the only option available. Does this mean that

if I want to use email without that capability (even just the send part for sending my images), I need to get a third-party email client (if I want to use it over wifi)?

Thanks in advance for any information on this issue!

Please use plain text.