Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Factory reset - security code error

Mobile Overlord
farby

Nothing other than visiting Nokia Care along with a proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) and getting it reset to the default is the solution ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joysona

Nokia X2 Restor  problam  i want the restore code

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

joysona wrote:

Nokia X2 Restor  problam  i want the restore code

The default code is 12345 unless changed by you ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neldesai

can any one tell me how to perform factory setup for nokia 1650....

but i changed the password and i forgot it....is there any way..?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify the default security code is 12345 for Nokia phones.
If you've changed your security code and forgotten, you need to go to the nearest Nokia Care Point with your proof of purchase.
Here is the link:

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Adil_DARjkwap

[ Edited ]

HARD RESET IS ONLY SOLUTION: just press *, 3, calling key and swith on ur mob. Or call key(green)+red key and swith on.

Moderator's Notes: This post was edited and the website was removed as it was immaterial. 

Mubashir Adil
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skotolink

please i don't know what happened 2 my nokia x1 phone, the security code i use in unlocking my it suddenly could not open it again. what is the next option to unlock it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

skotolink wrote:

please i don't know what happened 2 my nokia x1 phone, the security code i use in unlocking my it suddenly could not open it again. what is the next option to unlock it.

You need to go to Nokia Care facility with proof of purchase http://nokia.com/support for security code to be reset to default 12345!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ashokmsg

Plz my phon restor factry forgot my pasaward help me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@ ashokmsg -The ONLY solution to this problem is already provided in a few posts above ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daman123

Re: Factory reset - security code error nokia 5233

velmead wrote:

Sorry if my message was not clear (I was using my iPod to reply) - the advice I found elsewhere has worked and I have managed to reset my C3. For some reason the security code 12345 worked when I followed the instructions below . I hope it works for you too.

"To hard reset your you just have to press *#7370# and press Dial. The phone will request the security code that is by default 12345. Please be aware that you will loose all the data in your phone, so you should backup all relevant information2

Please use plain text.
mayiselapeter

on my does not work
Please use plain text.
musica

Is the reset not working or is the security code not being accepted?

If the former, you can try to reboot your device first. Make sure there's no active connection (wifi, bluetooth ,etc). You can active the Offline profile on the device and then try to perform the reset again.

If the latter, you would have to follow the answer provided by 

Cheers.

mayiselapeter wrote:
on my does not work

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zainoooo

how can i remove factory reset code

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

What do you mean by "remove factory reset code" ? The default code is 12345. If you have set your own but do not remember it now, the ONLY way to get it reset is thru' Nokia Care. You need to visit along with a proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice)

Please use plain text.
davidtoluhi

pls. I'm having problem with my c3-00 simlock code. How do i know it?.
Please use plain text.
musica

Please use plain text.
Contributor
22useless

Nice one jimmyireland! I came on to the website for help as after switching my phone off overnight and back on again next morning, I was confronted with the message Security Code, why, I've no idea as it hadn't happened before. Been on to TalkMobile 3 times and into Carphone Warehouse to no avail, so had a look at the website discussion forum and tried 12345 without much hope and Hey Presto, I've got my phone back on albeit a different colour showing on screen! Thanks a million for the message which wasn't even meant for me!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catkisk

could you explain when to put these codes? we have to press also the dial button? with or without a sim card? the phone sswitch on or off? when is switch on the keyboard is blocked. thans for advance
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catkisk

could you please explain? when the telephone is blocked can we reinstall software?
Please use plain text.