Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Factory reset - security code error

velmead
Accepted Solution

Factory reset - security code error

Help - I have had the C3 for a week and sending it back to Vodafone on Monday.  I am trying to reset to factory settings and keep getting code error. I have tried 12345; 123456; 00000; 000000 but none of them work. I have not changed any settings myself and there is nothing in the instructions to tell me what the code is. Does anyone know??

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nosyaj444

Re: Factory reset - security code error

I have the same problem.... Is anyone there that who can help us?
Please use plain text.
velmead

This worked as I used 12345 To hard reset your you just have to press *#7370# and press Dial. The phone will request the security code that is by default 12345. Please be aware that you will loose all the data in your phone, so you should backup all relevant information.
Good luck
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

that wont work on this device S40
you must contact your operator they could have changed the code the default is 12345
on the other hand remove battery for 15 mins and try again

Your only option atfer this is to take the phone into a Nokia Care Point along with proof of ownership.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
velmead

Sorry if my message was not clear (I was using my iPod to reply) - the advice I found elsewhere has worked and I have managed to reset my C3. For some reason the security code 12345 worked when I followed the instructions below . I hope it works for you too.

"To hard reset your you just have to press *#7370# and press Dial. The phone will request the security code that is by default 12345. Please be aware that you will loose all the data in your phone, so you should backup all relevant information2

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

the code you should use is *#7780# and then 12345.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

7780 is for poet reset which does not delete your data while for hard reset it is 7370 wherein you will lose all the data on phone memory. Data on memory card wont be affected.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

The 7370 does not work on this device as its S40 THE 7370 IS For S60 devices,thanks..

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kwentua

Pls,I dnt know,I v tried the soft-reset & the hard- reset all to no avail(lock code error!) on my nokia E63..Select enhancement keeps poping up on my homescreen.Dnt know what else to do...if you have any other solution,plz paste as soon as possible.
Please use plain text.
Hipstar

Please, how do i reset a changed security code to default with my nokia 2330c
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

*#7370# works on C3 00. When I press those keys, it says let's you restore settings and delete personal data...

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

You can manually reset your phone by going to settings-restore factory sett, and you can select
setting only and
all.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
fatale86

to reset the security code all you have to do is reinstall the phone software using Ovi Suite :smileyhappy:

dont reset the factory setting no need

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mo10474

Thanks that worked :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mjeetsandhu

the password is not 12345..

i forget my password..

so please help me..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

If you read previous posts in this thread you would know that if you can't remember the password then you need to have it reset at your local Nokia Care Point. You will need to bring proof of purchase with you. You may locate your local Nokia Care Point by using the link below

www.nokia.com/support

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ravi_87

model nokia 3110c. i have restore my factory security code. forgot password please help me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ravi_87 wrote:

model nokia 3110c. i have restore my factory security code. forgot password please help me.

If you read the posts above yours, the solution is already provided..and that is to visit Nokia Care along with a proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) to get the code reset to the default 12345. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
veerkundu

i forget my security code 2690

Please use plain text.