Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Firmware 2.0 - Still random Nokia tune!

Counsellor

Firmware 2.0 - Still random Nokia tune!

Hi all,

Upgraded to 2.0.19. Still get the annoying random Nokia tune instead of the MP3 ringtone. Was´nt this supposed to be fixed?

Other seems fine, like the scrolling and stuff.

Cheers...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ibanez_JS100

Re: Firmware 2.0 - Still random Nokia tune!

I had the same issue , somehow I noticed that the Video call option was on & its ring tone was Nokia's , when I changed it to the same as the normal voice call I want , the issue was gone .. until now ! donno if its coming back or how both

options are related ... try it out anyways ..

N97 .. Working or Not , it's still a *bleeing* Rip OFF .
Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

The reason is as follows - sounds like they talk it up to be a feature and with its small brain in the n97 I am not surprised that anyone hears anything but the Nokia Tune.  Personally I call BS, but here is the official response:

Why does a user-defined ringing tone sometimes change to the default ringing tone?

The default ringing tone is played instead of the user-defined ringing tone if the system resources are low and there's not enough resources to play the user-defined tone. The issue may occur e.g. when there's a large number of applications concurrently active.

In order to get the user-defined ringing tone played again, close some of the active applications. Press and hold the menu key to see the list of currently active applications. 

READ THE ORIGINAL AT:

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/product-support/n97/faq?faqId=FA121487_en_US&comp=n...

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Sage
alexeiw123

that is a nokia BS response.

I run besttaskman on my phone, i have the absolute minimum installe don the c: and I close every single application on my phone before I go to sleep, i will have around 39~41MB of free RAM available. on numerous occasions I have been woken up by someone calling me with the nokia tune.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
danniiffxi

[ Edited ]

:smileysurprised: i am shocked, my N97 is on the 3(UK) network and the only problem i get with my phone is the random nokia tune bug, everything else is perfectly fine with it. my phone rarely crashes, it has maybe dropped 2 calls since i got it in july, it always has connection,

If nokia still have not fixed the tune bug whats the point in updating to V20 if your on 3(uk)? we already have skype so it not like VoIP excites me in any way.

Sure the kenetic scrolling would be nice as i have almost 4000 songs on the phone and finding the one you want can be a nightmare

All this hype about v20 over the past few months turns out to be a big steaming pile of plop in my eyes,

I have no doute that as soon as 3 approve V20 i will update and open a world of problems lol, just my luck

EDIT:  i found that i get the Nokia tune if i dont turn off my FM transmitter after playing music in the car. I make sure i turn it off before i exit the music player now and it seems to work for me. 

Message Edited by danniiffxi on 27-Oct-2009 10:55 PM
Phone - Nokia N97 Black - RM-505 on 3(UK)
Firmware - V21.0.045 date - 14/1/10

[IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd237/danniiffxi/f4gw74.jpg[/IMG]
Please use plain text.
Sage

Dear All,

I confirm having same problem after updating to V20. This bug is very very annoying to me, I really can’t live with it. Even if the reason is the lack of resources especially with the small brain of N97, I do think that NOKIA SHOULD pay a special attention to find a firmware solution to such a problem. So, let’s emphasis this here please. For those who agree with me, please post here.

Thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ibanez_JS100

I Agree ,it's really annoying , after the FW Update , its true that a million bugs were fixed , which added some

kinda hope to our endless nightmares .. 

before the FW20 , there were so many bugs that we couldnt focus on specific ones, now that alot is solved ,

the frustration shifted from General to Specific .. like this ring Tone issue , Blurry Video recording are my concerns now , I believe Nokia could fix this coz its not a Lens issue since you can focus just fine in Still Image capturing , hope those

two  bugs are taken for serious consideration soon .

N97 .. Working or Not , it's still a *bleeing* Rip OFF .
Please use plain text.
Advisor

How do you check the amount of RAM you have?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

seemz like all the hype in regards to the new v20 didnt live up to the expectation of all n97. it more like a cosmetic approach to the firmware rather than solving issues.

the news bugs encountered were;

• random tunes
  • accuweahter stuffed
  • didnt make a huge difference in the ram usuage
  • the ovi maps doesnt pick the signal and doesnt go online( okay only after a reboot)
  • the issues whereby when u connect ur phone to comp n then eject, the message storage memory reverts to the C:drive ( a big headache to change it everytime)
  • no signs of any new widgets that were shown in the video at nokia world (such as cnn)
  • the music player doesnt update the list automatically after new music is added
  • ovi store messed up
  • no skype
  • still no way of managing email onto E: drive

feel free to add to the list

Please use plain text.