Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: First problems with n8

bomariam

First problems with n8

Just collected my long waiting N8 (2 day ago).

Love it, I can joke with iphone4 with no sweet.

But some problems:

-not all flash drive are working.

-I have to restart N8 to connect to WAN when I travail.

-it will always go to silence when I turner the phone on it's face(even when I disable the option).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

i know they just shipped, but when I get a new unit, i ALWAYS check to see if there is an update first before i get comfy with it.

i would like to know if with symbian^3 that when you reset the device to factory, if you have to reinstall all the applications like on s60 .... with all the keys...etc...or is it going to be more like the maemo where it all auto-installs from the backup.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Sage
TRDN900

there is so mnay problem with N8 , OVI store is not working from day one...

slow touch, it is a confuse phone ..... WLAN keep going off .... and so mnay other **bleep**

it is mistake to buy i think....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LenardG

I don't know what problems you are referring to. Ovi Store has worked flawlessly from day 1 (I am on day 11 now). WLAN works really well, in fact the internet connection options now work very good in the phone, mail and everything else automatically use WLAN when I am at home, and there were no disconnects or connection problems.

There are some minor problems, but nothing major that would prevent usability on the scale you would suggest. I would certainly recommend this phone to others.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikkoman1

I have also problems, wlan connection closes, Ovi store applications stop when installation is starting,email doesnot work, and HOW can I copy my contacts from Sony Ericsson C905?

Have the contacts in G-mail, but because I cant get the email in phone working, so syncronising is not possible! HELP!!! Have been trying 20 hours to solve problems!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sharkys

I have no of these problems, sync with gmail works after setting up mail for exchange. Currently i am only unable to send e-mail via gmail by way of mail for exchange.

Be sure to update your firmware to the latest version with Ovi on your PC (with the USB cable).

Please use plain text.
bomariam

I don't have this problems, the phone is more than fine from operating point of view and all the futures.

Check your setting.

Please use plain text.
bomariam

sorry for that the last one was a reply to TRDN900, I don't know why it came at the last.

I thought it will be like youtube.

my mistake.

:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LenardG

@mikkoman1:

If you just need contacts from gmail, check out Google SyncML:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/topic.py?topic=22181

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

So far, MOST of the problems listed by users, have been isolated cases, and some have been issues with settings.

I havn't seen more than 2 or MAYBE 3 people with the same problem.

Sometimes it not necessarily the phone, check your routers and sim cards too.
Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tastatur

it's a bit Information for whom has WLAN off :smileywink: There is a setting like Energy-Saver with you WLAN-Connection

Menu -> Setting -> Connection -> WLAN

Option Button -> Setting: deactive the Energye-Saver-Modus if u wanna have WLAN always on

-------------------

My Problem:

- Youtube App on Ovi doesn't work with N8 at moment

- Yes, you can watch youtube with nokia built-in internet browser. it's long waiting features but sometimes i wanna watch youtube clip in fullscreen

- i use Opera to open youtube website. After clicking on one clip, it will switch me to other application (i think it's built-in Videos player) but it never shows anything there, only the rolling arrow means i have to wait wait and wait :smileysad: I've check setting of this Videos App and change default connection to my default WLAN but it doesn't work. Dunno if anyone can help, i will be very appreciate of that :smileywink:

-i can watch Flv on E: without any problem  but it's other Flash player, not the Videos player which i mean above. It comes with N8 and i didn't install any other exclusive video player.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
danmitre

I had an issue with the Wlan..I used 2 wireless connections ,one at home and one at work ..and even when I choose power saving scheme still the Wlan remains on. Any ideas?

I'll try to rstore the phone to the factory setting and see what happens.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manish_j

[ Edited ]

Got phone on second day of its launch in India. Very happy with this purchase.
However some minor problems are there -
1) My mobile restarts everytime a web page is inaccessible, for which I went to authorized service center and got the software updated, however the problem has not been resolved. My phone still restarts whenever a web page or any internet application dose`nt connect.

2) My phone seems to be bit slow as compared to my earlier purchase,  a Nokia N85(really good phone btw)

I put in some music, pics n movies and now it works slow. I have around 9 gb stuff which I transferd from a virus clean laptop to my phone which also is having a symantec antivirus to ensure virus free phone.
The photo gallery seems to work really slow now, I am unable to view more than 20/30 pics in it, and it takes a lot of time to check out the pics, which arent in the thumbnail view.

Apart from these two things, it is working fine, music is good, video quality is the best among the phones I have used. I havent used all the features yet, but will update you guys if any problem is there.

However I would be thankful if someone could help me out with the two problems I have written about, any of you who is geek enough or any help from Nokia ppl..

My mail id -  any suggestions can be directly mailed to me..

thanks..

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vlado3g

SIP/Voip doesn't work well at all. It connects okay but when you try to make an internet call it only works every once in a while. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
iR0NiC

manish i am also from india i baught ma phone 15 days back and noe it is dead  i cant switch it on 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GeoffUK

I have had my phone for 3 days and IT will NOT turn on.....

Please use plain text.
n8flash_player

i m using n8.

its like a cheap mobile aal facality provide like a 5000 mobile

i m wrong to buy this mobile

no flash player ,only 8gb memoy is addtional nothing als

very slow touchpad

dont buy it

Please use plain text.