Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Forgot security code of my nokia N8

Registered Member
sriram16396

Forgot security code of my nokia N8

Hi friends,

Recently I took the nokia N8 phone from my brother. But unfortunately he changed the security code from 12345 and forgot it. Is there anyway I can recover it without approaching a nokia service center. Please help me

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: Forgot security code of my nokia N8

Hi sriram16396,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

If you cannot remember the security code of your phone, visit a local Care centre where the security code can be restored. You can find your nearest local Care centre here.

Iris9290 

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Registered Member
sriram16396

But I don't have the bill/invoice of the purchase
Mobile Overlord
farby

Still you may take a chance. If you can somehow convince them that the phone belongs to you.. that is your ONLY way you may get it reset..

Contributor
prakash928

Hi

I have same security code problem. My phone is under warranty. Are you sure they can restore the security code without erasing my data ? Thank you so much.

Prakash

Contributor
prakash928

Hi Farby,

Hi

I have same security code problem. My phone is under warranty. Are you sure they can restore the security code without erasing my data ? Thank you so much.

Prakash
Mobile Overlord
farby

You need to ask Nokia Care whether they will be able to preserve your Data...

If your phone is recognised by Nokia Suite in the current state, try Back-up / Sync your data before taking it to Nokia Care ...

Sage
Fresh_Breeze

You can enter the security code wrong five times in a row. Then for the next five minutes phone will silently ignore all the security codes, even the correct one. After the five minute quarantine time you can try next five codes, and so on till you find the correct code or you run out of patience.

Contributor
prakash928

Nokia in HOng kong only says that they will format it for me and I will loose all my data

Is there any way I can save my or copy my data - they say NO

but I am sure many people go thru this and there must be a way

except Nokia HK very very busy as they closed other service center and now have only one

so they want to do it the easy way.

Just for yr info there cust serv staff asked me take my laptop and the CS center will copy for me 

but when I went there it was a different story

Now you tell me how can the CS senior executive who spoke good english be wrong in saying 

that the CS center can back up for me.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ANY WAY YOU CAN 

THANK YOU VER VERY MUCH 

Contributor
prakash928

THANKS for the advise. I have done that more than 100 times or close to 200 times as I am having sleepless nights. I get up at night also and I try but nothing works. Upon searching the internet I find quite a few people have gone thru this and they had to format it. Few confirm that there is a problem which locks the phone and after 1st 5 try's it is permanently locked. I tried that on a friends N8 (just after he backed up) we purposely entered wrong pin 5 times after that we waited for 10 mins or so then entered the correct pin and now even his phone got locked and he had to go to Nokia care to get it formatted.

Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

There is NO Way but to get it reset at Nokia Care. The post by Fresh_Breeze is valid only if you are lucky enough to enter the correct code by trial-and-error.

As for your concern that many must be going thru' this so there must be a way to resolve this without loosing any data..but for that you need to be more careful either in remembering the code or backing-up data at regular intervals..especially after you add / edit anything ...

Only thing you may try is connect the phone to PC ( let it be in the satage where it asks for the code...) and see if it gets recognised. If so try back-up / sync thru' Nokia Suite ..See if you are lucky..

Contributor
prakash928

Thanks for your reply. I am doing what you have said and lets hope that in few hours time Ovi suite recognizes the phone. By the way I check my diary and for this N8 I have never changed the password because I always the locking and security functions upon my 1st backup. In this case the backup never happened.

Thanks again, have a great day.

Registered Member
rajeevtvm

i forgot my nokia n8 secret code please help me for new code activation

musica

Secret code? Being the topic discussed in this thread, you meant Security code, right? Please refer to the above post of Iris9290 as to what you can do.

Final Banner
Registered Member
vidyaadya

they are not helping to recover but asking for 300 bucks to start the phone losing the backup.

Mobile Overlord
farby

vidyaadya wrote:

they are not helping to recover but asking for 300 bucks to start the phone losing the backup.

Its not possible to recover the code..It can only be Reset to the default ..and while doing that your data may be lost ...