Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Format the Nokia E90

Accepted Solution

Format the Nokia E90

Hi all

If you want to take a format fore you phone follow this:

1. take out battery and memori

2. When you see the word NOKIA during boot up, press and hold shift+ctrl+F.
Before the picture of "hands touching" appears, phone will ask if you really want to format phone.
Please use plain text.
Sage
gemini632003

Re: Format the Nokia E90

Hi, do you remove battery & memory card after reformating the handset? Under what circumstances formating the phone can improve the performance overall ?
Please use plain text.

Iforgot the insert the battery. this will work.

If you want to take a format fore you phone follow this:

1. take out battery and memori

2. insert the battery again after 30sec and push the ON/Power button.

3. When you see the word NOKIA during boot up, press and hold shift+ctrl+F.
Before the picture of "hands touching" appears, phone will ask if you really want to format phone.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

hi all,

The tips above are NOT for E90, it is for the older communicators like 9500, 9300 and other that has S80 OS

for the E90 that uses S60 OS, you can do the following:

1st make a backup of your phone using your phone's memory card and/or using Nokia PC Suite

FOR SOFT-RESET:

- at Standby Screen type-in => *#7780#
It will ask for “Restore all phone settings-phone’ll restart….”
Then it asks for security code enter factory default => 12345

FOR HARD-RESET:

- at Standby Screen type-in => *#7370#
It will ask for “Restore all phone settings-phone’ll restart….”
Then it asks for security code enter factory default => 12345

FOR FLASHING- TOTAL RESTORE: (Do this if your phone does not boot up)

1) Remove the battery, and then wait for about 20 min or so before putting it back

2) Press and hold these three keys together -Green dial key, Star key[*], Three key [3]

3) switch ON the phone.

4) Do not let go the three keys until you see the WELCOME screen displayed and just let it complete the boot process

if this doesnt help contact Nokia Care Point-> http://europe.nokia.com/A4388379
Please use plain text.
Advisor
amlbuton

My phone (E66) have problem with the camera.
Each time try to use, it says "Camera : Feature not supported".

I alredy reset my phone (soft reset, hard reset & total restore) but the problem still occured. My memory card also removed when performing reset.

Any advices ?
Please use plain text.

i did the recommended process but i forgot the lock code of my phone and i used the default which is 12345 but it doesn't worked. what can i do to open my phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

hi Folded,

Nothing u can do anymore Take ur mobile to the nearest Nokia care center

Once the default security code is changed and u have forgotten the changed Code there is no way out other than NOKIA CARE CENTER :smileytongue:

cheers.......

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.

hi krizanand,

Thanks to your advice.

Please use plain text.

hi,

i ask for some advice cause my e90 bluetooth doesn't work..

if i switch it on..its unable to perform..what can i do??

thanks guys

Please use plain text.
Sage
wilson63

Hi folded, did you check to make sure your device is visible to all, paired with the other device & entered passcode if necessary? What was the device you paired with? Another handset, bluetooth headset or PC? Re-install firmware might just fix the issue, you must be able to pair with the other device to establish connection, if its a hardware fault then take it to a Nokia service point.:smileywink:
Please use plain text.

hi wilson,

i cannot able to paired with oyher device becaused when i switch on my bluetooth..always said that "unable to perform bluetooth" but my device is already visible to all.

what the best i do?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
danish90

hey m also having the same problem with my nokia n96 "camera feature not supported" i dont know how his problem ocoured but nokia care says they hv to change the board which will be around Rs3200 . please help and tell me whats the problem...????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marahmans65

Thanks Friendbrain for your advice

it works very well with me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marahmans65

sorry Friedbrains...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kingdo20

hi
please i am using noke e90 and i want to restore factoy defult or format my phone and i have forgotten my pasword. some please help me format this phone cos i am not able to install
any software.

thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kingdo20

[ Edited ]

hi
please please can i get master unlock code to restore factory defult setting on my nokia e90 i have forgotten my code. this is the serial number 353************.

thank you.

Moderator's note: We deleted the serial number in the message as posting this phone information is not recommended.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

Hi kingdo, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions! :cathappy:

The default security code of the phone is 12345, and once it's changed and the new code was forgotten, the only way to restore it is to visit the Nokia Care Point to have the phone reflashed. Check this link for more support: http://www.nokia.com/global/wayfinder

Hope this information helps.

Cheers! :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.