Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Formatting Nokia N70

Contributor

Formatting Nokia N70

My new Nokia N70 is affected by commwarriors virus. I trying to format it but it keep on asking the pass code. It is new, I bought it a week ago in Saudi Arabia. I left all manuals in Saudi. Can any one tell me what is the default pass code for N70 please
Professor
indra_n80

Re: Formatting Nokia N70

The deafult code is 12345
At last a nseries phone im truely happy with THE N82
Contributor

After formatting my N70 by entering the code *#7780# then the passcode 12345 the commwarious virus is not seen on my phone screen. However the phone keep on hanging after a while. How should I go about it.

Thanks
Professor
indra_n80

whts is ur memory card memory??
Mobile Visionary
nj7_

Do with NSU the upgrade of the phone. All clean and with a new firmware!
Contributor

What is NSU? I am a beginer in this field. Can I do the upgrade by using Nokia Suite. Where can I get the software? ....
Mobile Guru
richcowell

Nokia Software Updater

Make sure you've got all important data backed up - contacts etc.
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Mobile Guru
mbamg

Do yourself a favour and go to the following sit on your phone if possible http://wap.my-symbian.com

Then select Series 60 and downloads then select full catalogue, go right to the bottom and select anti virus, download and run the "mobile dissinfector" application on your phone and let it clean up the phone.

Then go back into the website to the exact same place and download "anti commwarrior" to completely remove and corrupted files left behind by the virus.
iPhone 5 32GB
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

Yeah the antivirus is a good idea. How did you get the virus? Was it by downloading from a bluetooth message? This is the only way I know of, apart from using the computer to install one, hope that they haven discovered a new way of putting viruses on phones.
Is that an N95 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?!?

Life's too important to take seriously.
Nokias I've owned 3210, 3310, 6100, 7650, 6600, 6680, 6630, N80, N95
I'm a 26 year old boy BTW
Professor
indra_n80

the hanging may depend on the size of the memory card.
Contributor

I got the virus by downloading a picture message through a bluetooth. After formatting the phone, I removed the memory card and since then it is working fine, NO HANGING ANY MORE. However I will install the ant-virus you recommended to me ASAP.

Thank you very much for the superrior support you accord me.
Registered Member

i want to now the secret code of n70 nokia phone
Counsellor

There are no "secret" codes that can be entered into the N70, only the normal ones that Nokia Care can tell you, such as restoring factory settings etc. etc.
Registered Member

pass Code is - 12345.