Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Formatting Nokia X6

Contributor
timur_venom

Formatting Nokia X6

Hi there...

I have problem. I have new Nokia X6 phone and yesterday I tried to put some pictures on it. So I copied them from PC to phone, then copying immediately stopped after few pictures. I clicked close and unplugged mobile. After that I turned it off and turned on. I tried to open " Images and Videos" folder on phone, but now it takes time to open it. I think that on one picture was some error, or virus and that's why it stopped copying. So now I want to format mass memory of the phone, to take it back all the way on the beginning. I think that formatting will resolve my problem.

Does anyone know how to do that, or is there any other option that may fix my problem?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Formatting Nokia X6

Office-file manager-select E Mass memory-option-format mass memory

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
timur_venom

Do you think formatting will resolve slow-opening problem? :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sid108

Switch-off the phone (Remove the battery and re-insert it, if necessary). Now Press and HOLD the GREEN (Call) key, RED (Call end) key and the Camera-capture key SIMULTANEOUSLY. While still pressing the above three keys press the power On/Off key, hold them until phone boots up.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Yes it will resolve because the phone will be empty. LOL.
And dont do sid's advice unless you have backed up your data.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wh786

thanks my mobile has been formated I have installed mobitracker apps but after that i could not uninstall this apps then I tried mobile formate method now my phone is back originally setting. thanks

Please use plain text.