Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Fring and nimbuz hang on nokia E7

Registered Member
mrd558

Fring and nimbuz hang on nokia E7

I have install fring and nimbuz from ovi store. after running both application they both hang after trying to make any call or any message. Can some one confim me is this a common issue with nokia E7 or my phone is having this problem.

Thanks,

mrd558

Please use plain text.
Advisor
martynb

Re: Fring and nimbuz hang on nokia E7

hi...no issues with nimbuzz on my e7...i don't use fring.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
smcmanus

i havea new E7 and I have the same issue with fring.
Newsapps:
accuweather
swype
spbmobile shell (not running)
battery monitotr
level
spb tv
maybe we could confirm which app is conflicting
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Have you installed Nimbuzz on the phone memory? If not, try install it on the phone memory and not mass memory.

Btw, remove your nimbuzz app and go to www.nimbuzz.com with your browser and download nimbuzz from there. Then you have made sure you have the latest vs.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@smsmanus. Which of them do you have running at all times?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fringproblem

6:53 AM

I Have this issue whenever i make call from fring and nimbuz it got hang and i went to nokia care center so they keep the my mobile two days then thay told me there is no software to elliminate this problem so what i can do any how this is the letest mobile of nokia. Nokia is very large company but they are not able to solve this problen it is very pathatic and shamful and i m very sad that i have spoil my mony to buy this mobile nokia E7. this mobile is realy head ech for me. I m very sory
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

It's strange that you have this issue, however it could be some other application messing it up or there are differences in ther various fw's for various product codes which may be small ones, but enough to mess this up.

I think the developers of nimbuzz and fring needs to adress this just as much as Nokia. What you can do is to contact nimbuzz, fring and Nokia and tell them about the issue.
Please use plain text.
mutar

SAME PROBLEM GUYS

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bannaje

Fring is working well for me. But sometimes i got problem with network when i tried to call through fring out.. I think the fring need to fix some bugs......................

Please use plain text.
Advisor
smcmanus

I have solved the problem!.

Hopefully other people can use this information. !

• Uninstall Fring
  • go to Installed Applications find the Application called Security Something. (not sure the name), that has a Supplier of FSecure. 
  • Uninstall the Securoty Application from FSecure.
  • Re-Install Fring, (I used m.fring.com)
  • make Appropriate **bleep** sound when It works :smileyhappy:

Steve

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

That is nice. Never had that issue since the first thing I did was to remove the fsecure app since it does not provide me with anything that I need.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrd558

I have tried all the things different users suggest but nothing work i remove fsecure mobile security and install fring and nimbuzz on phone memory but it still hang in the same way it was hanging before. I t seems nothing work to get them work.

mrd558

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stanveeruddin

same problem here, no fring no nimbuzz. came to know that skype is not completely compatiable yet. but no other info about fring and nimbuzz. Can anyone confirm if video calls are working or even calls are working as only Chat works for some and no calls (hangs when trying to call)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mazam

Hi,

nimbuzz and fring will not work simultaneously, either use fring or nimbuzz, dont install both together.

mazam

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
itansyo

Fring is not working properly with the new nokia software released earlier which is Belle software...therefore are there any methods in order to resolve this problem or is there any necessary updates which could solve the problem?

In addition there is no Fring version corresponding to nokia E7 in the nokia store..

Therefore if you may please work on those two problems and inform us as soon as possible.

Thanks for your valuable time

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
itansyo

Re: Fring on nokia E7

Fring is not working properly with the new nokia software released earlier which is Belle software...therefore are there any methods in order to resolve this problem or is there any necessary updates which could solve the problem?

In addition there is no Fring version corresponding to nokia E7 in the nokia store..

Therefore if you may please work on those two problems and inform us as soon as possible.

Thanks for your valuable time

Please use plain text.
fahadpd

how can i use fring and nimbuz togater with my nokia e72 how can i solve this problem?
Please use plain text.