Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Gallery is broke on 5800

Advisor
Accepted Solution

Gallery is broke on 5800

Just of recent, my gallary has decided to break. When i go into my images and video's, it doesnt show them, it only shows the download icons. But i know i had pictures and video's in there in the first place, cos they have decided to just go missing. I can access them through my file manager, but thats it. To try and solve this problem, i  have updated my software, change my fone to factory settings and tooken my memory stick in and out.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It's most likely a slightly corrupted memory card.

Format the card and reload your content back on to in, this should solve the problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i know this makes me look stupid, but how do i format the memory card?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
roberth

file manager---->memory card----> options---->format memory card.....

this may not be exact but youll get it...

btw formatting the memory card deletes ALL data

so make sure that you at least save contacts to the phone memory

or to your pc before.......(contacts are found in memory card---->others)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Menu > Applications > File Manager > Open the memory card by tapping it twice (you will see a list of folders) > Options > Memory card options > Format.

All data will be wiped from the card so do not format unless you are certain that you have back ups of it's content.

If you have a card reader on a PC you can also format it using the computer.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thank you!... that has worked, can look at things through my gallery now :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.