Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Getting Some C drive space back

Sage
Accepted Solution

Getting Some C drive space back

Hello,

Some of the biggest apps taking up space on my C drive are:

Qt - 11 MB

Nokia Maps Engine - 7.8 MB

Qt Web Kit - 5.3 MB

Am I am able to move these to E - or remove them?

Thanks,

V

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Hello Veepee,

If you attempt to move or delete those apps other applications will stop working that rely on them. So, the answer is no I'm afraid.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage

Thanks for saving me from myself....
Please use plain text.
Sage

Update:
I found Google Maps was installed on my C: partition for 2MB. I uninstalled it....reinstalled it (attempted to E:smileyhappy: and got back 40 MB!!!!!

No idea why....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lbanias

Google maps keeps portions of maps you visit in cache memory on C . In settings you can reset maps cache from time to time.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
drmorbid

Anyone know if apps like Nokia Panorama can be put onto E:? I tried and it only goes (N8/Belle) to c:.

I deleted F-secure, social and the installers, and some other associated junk and got back some lost space. However, I wasn't happy with losing like 19mb on the last maps update. I wonder what happens when Nokia runs us down to zero with these updates.
Please use plain text.