Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Google Maps on Nokia Belle - N8

Counsellor
PeteGl

Re: Google Maps on Nokia Belle

OK, thanks very much Matthew, I was just wondering if I was missing out on something!

Pete
Please use plain text.
MzeeChuma

Sbj17, how is this problem fixed in nokia c7? Help please.

sbj17 wrote:
Thanks a lot, now google map is working on my C7.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
murlikrishna_b

[ Edited ]

I  was pretty much me off when g map didn't worked with belle, and got couple of post saying working not working ... 

but someone mentioned its working with wifi on, so tried it worked ... but still the question was.. what when I don't have any wifi spot near by.. .. but there is a work around.. just put on the wifi and the Mobile Data then open the google maps.. it will open up.. remeber you don't need to connect to any wifi network but just need to put ON the wifi.. and bingo once its open you can put OFF 

wifi there after..

I know its a pain but need to wait till some belle developer fix the screwed up If logic some where... or its the g maps guys no idea... 

Moderators notes: Profanity removed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
murlikrishna_b

Nokia Maps is OKK.. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
priyeshsd

Can someone give me the link to download google maps. It disappeared when I updated to belle.

Then I searched the whole app store and couldn't find google map.

thank you!

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

Priyeshsd, go to m.google.com using the standard web browser on your phone, then there is a link "not in united states" to choose your local site, then click on maps
N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Analyst

To greenza11 and everyone with googlemaps trouble

You may have to (soft) reset your phone. After upgrading to belle, my googlemaps worked for a week and suddenly woudnt open anymore. I tried all sorts of wi-fi enabling and mobile network combinations, but to no avail. After I performed a soft reset (reset only without erasing data) it is back.

I know resetting a phone isnt what we would prefer, but it seems the only solution for now if turning on wlan fails...!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ahmedawad

For the guys who have C7?? how you made it work I did not have any luck ???I tried the WIFI and did not work at all ??

Please use plain text.
Professor
bearshare

When I updated my C6-01 to Belle, Google Maps was working fine, but after reading about this wifi issue, I recall that I've tested Google Maps only at my home, with wi-fi. 

Last week, when I was on a vacation trip, I tried Google Maps without having wi-fi, and it didn't work at all. The app opens, shows a black screen for a moment and then exits.

Weird thing is now that I'm back home, Google Maps doesn't work anymore under my home wi-fi. I tried to uninstall and install it, but still it doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Just turn on wifi for google maps to work.
If new version doesn't work, version 3.2.1 definitely works. Try it.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
mabhayaratne

Re: Google Maps on Nokia Belle - N8

I've seen a lot of people have resolved this issue by keeping the WiFi scanner on. But it does not work for me, even when in the presence of WiFi.

This problem actually started when I first re-installed (re-flashed) Symbian Anna at an NCC. Earlier it worked fine with Anna. I thought the problem will resolve with Belle. But I see most people have started facing the issue with Belle.  Google Maps 4.1.1 installs fine. But when I try to run it, I only get a black screen which lasts for a while and disappears. No symptoms such as system hanging.

I am from Mumbai, India. Pl let me know if there is a resolution.  My Nokia Maps version is v3.08 - just in case if there is an interference.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lbanias

don't bother trying anymore ! Without wifi on it will never start on BELLE. My wife and my friends experienced that. I have the same version of Google maps on Anna and it works right with 3G without wifi.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ashanegun778998

[ Edited ]

google maps works with my wifi on but it does not have to be connected to a wifi hotspot but the wifi on my phone has to be switched on the google maps works fine
my phone is a nokia E7 symbian Belle
download google maps from this link it works (with wifi on)
http://www.google.com/mobile/maps/
it worked for me

Moderator's notes: link edited to official download link from Google's website as original link isn't a trusted website. Please read the guidelines here before posting.  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Atulvora

There is fixed posted on following website http://uzzal.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/fixing-google-map-on-symbian-belle/ Can some one confirm independly that it works?
Please use plain text.
Serhii_Riabovil

Google Maps doesn't launch on Belle FP1 even when wifi is enabled
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ingles

Because Cambodia is not an included map.  Google provides this. Not everybody's issue mind you :-)   Would prefer to use Nokia maps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Atulvora wrote:
There is fixed posted on following website http://uzzal.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/fixing-google-map-on-symbian-belle/ Can some one confirm independly that it works?

No, the "fix" doesn't work.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Zoky

Yes... now Google Maps works fine on my E7 (and much more faster in comparison to my old n97 mini) - and there is no need to activate WIFI. In my german version there are 2 entries under preferences which I have unchecked: GPS and POSITIONING.
Please use plain text.
gauravpratim127

not working in fp1 even after trying every method
Please use plain text.
Advisor
xyn19

For those people still can't get Google map to work on Belle after the Wifi trick, a hard reset finally fixed mine!  (No, a soft reset did not fix mine, but you should try it first.)  Yea, it's a pain in the butt having to reinstall some apps and reconfigure preferences.  But my phone also runs smoother and the battery lasts longer, as least it seems.  I still need to turn on Wifi for Google map to start.

Detailed steps:

1. Do a full backup with Nokia Suite, just in case. (If you restore later, do not restore apps & preferences.  Otherwise, Google map won't work.)
  2. Put phone in Offline mode to end all calls and connections: Press Hangup > Offline
  3. Try Soft reset first: Settings > Phone > Phone Management > Factory Settings > Restore.
  4. Reinstall Google Maps.
  5. If soft reset didn't work, try Hard reset: Settings > Phone > Phone Management > Factory Settings > Delete data and restore

Enjoy!

Please use plain text.