Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: HANGING PROBLEM OF VIDEO PLAYBACK ON X2

Registered Member
arunthegreat1
Accepted Solution

HANGING PROBLEM OF VIDEO PLAYBACK ON X2

i purchased this set two days before.i cannot able to see videos as it is hanging all the times and restarts.i got replaced tht and the new unit also have same prob and i dont think it is better one.is anyone facing similar problesms??and tell wht is the remedy for it??TELL me a solotion for it.......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KiranBajaj

I bought this handset yesterday only and in the evening, i took videos from this handset in a cultural event. Today morning when I tried to play video, it gave me the same problem after playing the video for around 23 seconds. It was hanging and restarting after around 20-25 seconds. Is nokia planning to solve this problem in new firmware release?? is it a problem with a particular Video format??

Anyone, please provide solution!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
subodhkumares

Even i bought a Nokia X2 two days back... and i have a list of issues to share. The major one being the phone hangs whenever i try to plat a video. If you are listening to some songs, and if you select the next song to be played, it skips it and plays the other song. It hangs even you are taking photos from the phone. Can some body help me where to get this problem corrected.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_1234

Same problem here.

A music series phone that crashes when playing music a what nokia is trying to sell.The phone simply restarts .

How can you sell a music phone that crashes while playing music. Seriouly Nokia needs to wake up.I regret now not purchasing those Chinese mobiles if Nokia peddles something similar cheapos :smileymad:

Guys tell me how you fix this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Is your software up to date? You can check using Ovi Suite on your PC.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_1234

I can do all this.But seriously how can nokia release such a buggy firmware.Are they trying to develop a product using customers.Definitely this will do a lot of damage to their reputation. The least a customer expects is dumps while using.What kind of testing goes on are the cutomers the testers for them.And we have to pay for doing this testing.....Seriously!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_1234

Hi

I have found a solution to this.

Just remove the battery from the mobile for 15 mins and place it back.Then try all the activities that gave you those hangs and dumps.  I didnt get any dump for the past four hours.I read it in a nokia forum somewhere today.It worked for me so far smileyhappy:

If  I get a dump again I will try to update the firmware which is something I really dont look forward to for a newly purchased mobile and a newly launched one.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_1234

It still hangs I am planning to return it and get my money back.

The firmware used is also the latest 4.80 :smileysad: .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ariantz

hi, everyone.
I' sorry perhaps too late.
well,yesterday i bought the x2 and i got the same problem, but i can solve it. i thought that the problem is in the MEMORY CARD (SD card).
All of the memory card from the package of x2 is not compatible when u used it. That is the main problem. Yesterday, I tried to change it with another memory card(SD card) from another SDcard beside the X2's card.
I'm satisfied, coz it works perfectly. ^_^
(SORY I'm Indonesian, my english is not good)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ariantz

hi, everyone.
I' sorry perhaps too late.
well,yesterday i bought the x2 and i got the same problem, but i can solve it. i thought that the problem is in the MEMORY CARD (SD card).
All of the memory card from the package of x2 is not compatible when u used it. That is the main problem. Yesterday, I tried to change it with another memory card(SD card) from another SDcard beside the X2's card.
I'm satisfied, coz it works perfectly. ^_^
(SORY I'm Indonesian, my english is not good)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_1234

Hi arian,

If it is a memory card issue indeed nokia must supply every customer who purchased this with compatible memory cards. Just try palying around and keep us posted if it really is an issue with memory card.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MKCL

I have also purchased new NOKIA X2 phone,it hangs frequently as i try to play/record video. I got fed up with such kind of issues. I have replaced with new set but problem still exists. Can any one suggest me how to solve this ploblem.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_1234

Take them to cutomer care and seewhat they try to say to you....

You can reproduce these issues

Just load around 200 songs in the memory card.

Play one track in ovi player.

Now go to the all songs list while track is playing.

Scroll up and down the all songs list using the central button(Dont use the dedicated music keys).

You will get a restart.This is easily reproducible always.

Also while accesing the 2gb memory card using gallery also at random you will get a restart.

Apart from this just shoot some videos you will get a restart.I changed memory cards but these basic problems exist.

Some flaw exists with the memory card access which the had not discovered during product development of their music phone.

Software version 4.80* is the version I am using and it is the latest.I resinstalled it still this basic issues with quality persist.

Your thoughts??

Please use plain text.
Diviya

Hi,

I too bought Nokia X2 before3 days. I fed up with this hanging issues. It hangs out not only during video play back, while scrolling down through the songs lists and also scrolling through the photoes. If any one found out solution for this please help.

Thanks,

Divya

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_1234

[ Edited ]

Hi Just take it to the nokia care.

Mostly they will reinstall your mobile software and send you back or they may replace your mobile but the basic issue will remain till nokia decides to correct this flaw in their firmware 4.80* or above.

Better still if you can have them take back their substandard product and refund your money..

Tell me what happens....I am planning to visit these care guys on sat....But I don't have high hopes ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ruchit1875

I've tried many memory cards on my X2, but my phone still hangs & restarts while playing any videos...

Plz tell if anyone has solution for this problem...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_1234

Use the phone without the memory card. Let the phone run on internal memory.You will not face restart.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
303milan

[ Edited ]

i also have the same problem....i purchesd it 2 days ago....

i got that prob. on the same day...

first i gave it to nokia care....they return me in half an hour and told that they had updated the

software....

but after all this i again got same prob. so i show them again and they had send it to nokia company....now they are ging to return it on monday......

i don't know wat will happen......if anyone know the solution....please tell me.....my mail addres is .....also share your thoughts.....

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

edit post

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum."

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

x series are new music xpress phone. What do you meant by taking out memory card?
Music xpress phones without memory card means worthless
Please use plain text.