Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: battery backup problem.

Contributor
vbsm9

Re: battery backup problem.

Mr Three Os,

How long will this continue ? Will there be an end to it? Nokia is just playing games..

Did they ever come out with the problem and acknowledged ?

There's a junk Nokia Care, who don't know anything and keep on dragging..

My phone is with them and not responding at all..

What to do now ? It's just irritating..I have already told my friends not to look at X2 in their life time..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
icewyne

Re: HANGING PROBLEM OF VIDEO PLAYBACK ON X2

I recently bought this unit from a Nokia authorized dealer. Overall, the phone is working fine and serving its purpose as a basic handset. Music is superb, radio is good, calls are very clear, battery life is a little short but acceptable (Samsungs are still low rankers on this). Camera is acceptable for a 5mp at this price range. Mobile browsing is also a breeze. My firmware is already at 4.8

As a backgrounder, I often use my phones as video players. Been doing it for years with SE devices. I usually watch MP4 files of TV series episodes which usually run for about 45 minutes and size is around 50-70mb each. Using my X2, it is a heart- and headache. MP4 files hang at run time ranging from 10secs to 2mins. I tried saving a smaller file on the phone memory and it played well and did not hang. I tried using a PQI 1gb microsd for the same purpose last night and same problem occured. this morning, I tried my x2 to play a video from my wife's microsd (a default card from her 5530) and played the "shorter" video very well. I will still try to use the same card to play a 50mb, 45 minute video tonight and see what will happen.

I read from another forum that they were able to fix this using 4gb and up Kingston and Transcend microSD cards. I hope this really fixes it. Any comment on these ThreeOs? along with these efforts, I am coordinating now with one Nokia Care here in the Philippines about phone checks and possible card replacement. no clear reply from them as I write this post.

is there any progress on this, guys? For a big company like Nokia, it seems that the giant is moving a little sluggish to resolve this issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhargavjani01

You know the issue now.

Why do you supply such make cards with your brand??

Please inform me company's decision  regarding card replacement or what ever.

It is very discouraging to find that your newly purchased mobile is inferior to almost all of the competitors mobiles which were also less costly.

But, I am happy that company took the note and acting on it. Please expedite the process..

Thanks for the great support from Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi all,

Good news! Software update that will fix the issue is now becoming available in Care points. Please note that depending on your country and variant this may take some time, but first ones (e.g. in India) are already available in Care points. NSU should follow starting later this week and FOTA sometime later.

To summarise: this was not caused by bad memory cards or card reader but the issue in software that affected some memory cards (mentioned earlier), plus to some batch of X2 sales package memory cards.

So, no need to exchange/replace memory cards once device is updated with this latest software update.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Keoz

when it will be available on nokia ovi ?

Please use plain text.
ThreeOs

@Keoz

Availability should be same as with NSU.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Advisor
icewyne

when will this be available in the Philippines? is this a 100% fix?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
icewyne

any details on the contents of the latest software? will the battery life and camera improve? will the UI improve also? details please mr. ThreeOs...

I am desperately excited about this update...yesterday i was about to make up my mind of swapping this unit with another device of different brands...

Please use plain text.
Sage
sharanukumar

Dear ADMIN sir PLease reply to this one..

I am planning to buy nokia x2 this weekend can I go for it admin sir or can I buy nokia 6303i..

am in full confusion sir please help...

I love watching videos in mobile but seeing this thread am very much affraid please help ...:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
manjeetsingh

Re: Dear ADMIN sir PLease reply to this one..

hi i am india . new software is available it 4.90 . i have updated my phone software & it is working . There no hanging problem in the phone . also nokia care has replaced my micro sd card with new card . I want to thank nokia team for listening to  our problem .   

Please use plain text.
Vibhu

HANGING PROBLEM OF VIDEO PLAYBACK ON X2

Hi all... just registered myself here for posting this message only. So it had to be some good news.. and indeed it is as of now. :smileyvery-happy:

I purchased this phone 2 days ago and just like anyone else I also started getting the hanging and freezing troubles mainly while playing video files stored on memory card. After a bit search I came across this forum and as the admin said about the coming soon sw update, I found out and updated to the new version(4.90) with NSU and thereafter played some videos from from mem card and PLAYED LIKE CHARM WITHOUT A SINGLE FREEZING MOMENT!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Length of the videos wasn't too long (average:3-5 mins), but since earlier I had problems playing even them, as phone hanged just after 10-20 secs of playback; hence I think there shouldn't be any trouble playing longer videos as well. Also I hope some other hanging issues have been solved by this update as well. I am still trying suspected cases where hanging may be possible and will notify here if I find some, otherwise it looks all settled!

So hopefully some make-up work by Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
icewyne

This is good news for all of us! wow!

Mr. ThreeOs, this might be asking too much...when will this update be available in the Philippines? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
icewyne

Hi! any improvements on camera and battery life?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gujjar789

@three o's
hey sir 4m pakistan today i cald nokia care center abt software update they told me they hv v 4.80 just two days ago i updated ma mbile to v4.79 frm v 4.25 !
Sir i wana knw that when in pak latest update wl b available nd also wana knw the sailent features abt latest update!nd there is any chance that we can creat manual folders in x2 message memory??
Thanx in advance hope the best info 4m ur side:-)
Please use plain text.
NivinM

Hi Admin

I bought the mobile from india and now currently i am in South africa. The nokia india site shows the current sw version as 4.8 . Can u suggest a way to get the update done to 4.9? I tried to update from phone, it shows "there are no new updates".

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vbsm9

An Update:

My phone came back from Head office after 15 days and when I went to pick up, Nokia care told that the problem was not fixed !!!!!

This is really JUNK news from them. How come head office despatched without testing ? Ofcourse, they are from NOKIA !!!!

JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK --- X2 X2

I am really fed up and am going to Consummer Court for compensation..

These guys are just not use at all; don't know anything..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vskamath

Firmware update to 4.9 for x2

[ Edited ]

ThreeO's

Please post the 4.9 firmware link in this forum asap it would help all of us.

Im waiting for that.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
icewyne

Re: Firmware update to 4.9 for x2

here we go again! problems!

seems like I am being ignored by ThreeOs
Please use plain text.
ThreeOs

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I don't have currently details about other fixes/updates this latest software includes. Will post here if/when get any and that info should anyways be updated to NSU news pages at some point (as an example, APAC site NSU news page http://www.nokia-asia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/news).

About the availability of software ... from what I know of it should be available in majority of Nokia Care points already, but that does not mean that all variants still have it (although most do) as some are still awaiting for approvals (e.g. from operators). NSU update is possible for quite many variants but quite some are still to come. And as mentioned before, FOTA comes later. Best way to check the NSU availability is to use this tool (again example from APAC site):
http://www.nokia-asia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update. You'll need your phone's product code for this and that can be found in the white label beneath the battery.

-ThreeOS

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
msarkar

Hi ThreeOs,

Thanks for the good news. I have updated my Nokia X2 software yesterday & now it is working fine(without hanging problem) Its battery back up is also improved. They have also replaced memory card with new one. Thanks to Nokia. Updated Software version is V 04.90.

msarkar

Pune.

Please use plain text.