Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: HEEELP! Enhancement gone crazy on nokia e5! wr...

stanleybinagi
Accepted Solution

HEEELP! Enhancement gone crazy on nokia e5! wrong message popping-up

Please help me what to do with my e5, i keep getting annoying enhancement messages asking me to choose an enhancement mode as if I have connected an enhancement while i have not. it destructs any process am doing and it can pop-up ten times is a minute or more. once it pops up, it usually disappears if you shake the phone, but it appears again in the next second. it only seems to go off when you connect an enhancement for real

stanbinagi
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: HEEELP! Enhancement gone crazy on nokia e5! wrong message popping-up

@stanleybinagi

Welcome to the forum!

The fact that shaking device should have any effect at all makes me suspect that there maybe a hardware issue with headset connector upon this device, either due to defect or foreign body intrusion.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pjtilden

Im having the same problem with my e5. Its only a month old and i can assure u it is clean and everything but im still having the problem. If the headphone jack is faulty wouldnt the audio quality also b affected? When im using headphones its fine so im not a hundred percent sure this is really a hardware issue
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

If you think the problem could be firmware, your only course of action would be to back up your data and use Ovi Suite to download and re-flash the firmware.  If I was desperate, I would certainly try it.  But I agree with Aspergerguy.  What normally triggers the prompt is hardware, so you could be dealing with a bad solder job, a bad chip or other semiconductor, etc.

Please use plain text.
stanleybinagi

I did connect it to ovi on my pc and it updated the phone firmware, but it still persists. But now I have found a way to get rid of it temporarily. You plug in headphones, then switch off the phone and remove the battery then put it back in and turn the phone on again. All that time the earphone are still plugged in.
This way the annoying pop-up will be disabled even after unplugging the headphones.
stanbinagi
Please use plain text.
MobieleStuk

Re: HEEELP! Enhancement gone crazy on nokia e5! Wrong message popping-up

[ Edited ]

I tried a soft reset, a hard reset & formatted my SD card, and finally your method of switching the phone off with headphones plugged in...after I switch on the phone and wait till all apps load etc, then as soon as I unplug the headphones, the same irritating ***** msg appears again....

Any other suggestions???

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Post edited because connotative language was used to bypass the filter.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hfarouk2011

I have the same problem and i wonder how the support consider it resolved... we don't have as solution until now
Please use plain text.
Contributor
deluxe_2011

I also had the same problem...i even thought i did something that i shouldnt have done...tried restoring my phone but still.It was ok after restoring but after i plug in headphones it start again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
deluxe_2011

so this means nothing can be done with this enhancement pop up.phela i cant do anything...it keeps poping up.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stuart2152

I have had the same problem with my e5.

Have taken it to the local nokia support shop 4 times now 1 they updated the phones software and three ,

times it has been away for repair.

the last time was just over a week ago, 

It has been fine for a week then the same message started coming up again lastnight.

And have not even had a pair of headphones near it.

Contacted my nokia store and they said it will have to be replaced.

So am thinking about contacting them to see if they can replace it with another model as i can see this is not an isolated problem with the e5.!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
snpawar

my nokia e5 had same problem of pop up of select enhancement. I went to nokia gallery. They replaced the pop up cord of my handset. And fron then it works fine.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sdabral

I am also experiencing the same issue since last 12 days. please suggest me. I have submitted device to Nokia Care.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cambridgekiwi

Yep, same here too - last couple of days. Nokia phone support no help, just "try soft restart" "try hard reset" "try updating your software via nokia suite" (which says it is up to date by the way) Tried reloading the software - and the phone crashed - wouldn't reload. After reading further in some google searches, I'm now regretting ever having chosen to go back to a Nokia after having an Android phone - I wanted the good old Nokia reliability - sorry to say it just isn't there any more!

Please use plain text.
chakma

i think it is a hardware problem...main problem is in audio jack..nokia did bad manufacture...i had this problem also...try to use headphones for somedays...the problem should automatically be gone...or do hard restore factory...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
niemae

problem experiencing toooooooooo....................

its to annoying.....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tinkerphone

Have been experiencing this the past week too. In the past 15 years since I've been using Nokia, this is the second time I would have to send it to the shop. The previous was due to speaker problem, which was due to my own neglect, but this was too sudden. And I've only had this phone for a year and a half, unlike my other Nokias - about 3-4 years before I decided to upgrade. If Nokia is getting shoddy, I am sad to think that this would be the reason that I'll switch over to Samsung...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khomche

i have a problem with an iratating enhancement popping messages. What can i do to remove this

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
scola

damn this really sucks its interfering with my universe please guys solution for this coz it sucks irritating and waste my time,i cant keep track nor concetrate cleary coz it it keeps on popping like a lost mosquito
Please use plain text.
s1988

I created this account because I worked out the problem and thought I'd share.

Look into the headset port, is there any debris you can see?

Do you work around metal? I do and I found that metal filings have been getting attracted to the headset port and making the phone think there is a headset jack in the port.

The best thing to do is get a can of compressed air - you can find this at an office supplier or electronics store. Spray down into the headset port. The preasure should remove the debris.

This is only a temporary fix, you can either repeat the compressed air spray when the message pops up again or somehow find something to plug up the port.

I hope this works for you. I tried everything beforehand - called nokia, they told me to update my phone, didn't work. I even pulled apart the phone. I took a light to the port and found a lot of metal filings were trapped in there.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.