Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

[HELP] How to remove Write Protected Phone Memory ...

Contributor
lordjohn08

[HELP] How to remove Write Protected Phone Memory of C6-01

Help please, C6-01 user

Everytime that i check my phone through usb cable to PC my phone memory status is FULL.

And when i'm trying to delete some file a pop-up msg write protected phone memory.

I can't update my phone because of full phone memory.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Re: [HELP] How to remove Write Protected Phone Memory of C6-01

Hello lordjohn08, some data cannot be deleted because they come pre installed in your phone. If you want to free your phone memory then you may remove the files that you had installed using the application manager or delete the songs or videos if you have them in the phone memory. You may try this file manager. Download it from here http://symbianfan.co.cc/software3.html . Install it and open it in that you will see a drive named C: its your phone memory. See how much you are having as free and you may delete the unwanted files like images or songs etc. Don't delete other folders named as system or resource it may cause problems. Hope this helps.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordjohn08

@ajaydavidson thank you for the link but still not help, when i checked my file manager the free space of my phone memory is not FULL but everytime i check my phone memory in PC it is always FULL. And also when i try to delete some unecessarry files in my phone it still say write protected. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Ok. But can you name the files that you tried to delete?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordjohn08

no i cant rename it, what should i do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

not rename. Can you please name them- that is can you please tell us the names of these files?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordjohn08

i really dont have plan ro delete it just my option in case.
evrytime i tried to update my device it always falied that is why i thought my phone memory is full
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

How much free Phone Memory does File Manager list is available? And are you trying to update your phone through Nokia Suite or OTA? What is the exact error message that appears when the update fails?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordjohn08

@thetao - my Phone Memory free space is 383.7MB (at present) and I try to update both via NOKIA SUITE and OTA. The msg is also FAILED UPDATE. I have a X-plorer, only C/ and E/ is accessible, i don't for my RAM and ROM is it also accessible?maybe my RAM or ROM have the problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I'm guessing you're either having windows vista or windows 7 installed in your pc. Phone memory cannot be accessed through pc in that case as it has been kept that way to prevent deletion of important files.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

lordjohn08 wrote:

@thetao - my Phone Memory free space is 383.7MB (at present) and I try to update both via NOKIA SUITE and OTA. The msg is also FAILED UPDATE. I have a X-plorer, only C/ and E/ is accessible, i don't for my RAM and ROM is it also accessible?maybe my RAM or ROM have the problem.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/C6-01/ lists Memory Functions -> Maximum User Storage as 340 MB, so your 383.7 MB free seems a little odd.  But then I don't own a C6-01, and the specs could have changed...  My best guess is the two issues are unrelated.  Either something went wrong the first time you tried updating the phone, or there is something on the phone blocking the update.  Are you sure that both OTA and Nokia Suite say only "Update Failed" and nothing else?  Are you trying to install Anna?  In the separate "Software Updates" forum, there is a long thread from Nokia with Anna installation tips: /t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-Anna-Troubleshooting/td-p/1127953 .  If none of these help you install the update, you might want to repost your question on that forum.  Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shruti199602

the same happens with my nokia 500...n it's causing trouble because neither can i download new apps nor new songs.....

Even though my memory card has memory left in it, i am unable to know 

a) How to transfer stuff from phone memory to memory card

b) remove write protection from phone memory...

Help would be appreciated from anyone !!! 

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
santana123

Re: [HELP] How to remove Write Protected Phone Memory

The same problem with C701

a) How to transfer stuff from phone memory to memory card

b) remove write protection from phone memory...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Please use plain text.
ngundre

delete a corrupted video from memory card-nokia 603

hi,my phone is nokia 603.i want to delete a video from memory card,which is i think corrupted,but wenevr i try to delete it,it gives the message,file is open,close the file and delete it.but my all files are closed,pls reply

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Re: delete a corrupted video from memory card-nokia 603

ngundre,

Welcome to Nokia Discussions!

I suggest doing this method:

1) Connect the phone to your computer and set it to Mass Storage. Alternatively, you can insert the card into a Memory Card reader then plug-it to the USB port of the computer.

2) Highlight the drive of the memory card (Removable Disk), Right click> Properties> Tools> Under Error-checking, click Check Now> Check Disk, tick the both boxes (Automatically fix file system errors, Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors)  then press start. Then wait for the scan to finish.

Good luck

Re: [HELP] How to remove Write Protected Phone Memory of C701

• how remove write protection from phone memory...
  • Everytime that i check my phone through usb cable to PC my phone memory status is FULL.

And when i'm trying to delete some file(like videos songes) a pop-up msg write protected phone memory.

I can't update my phone because of full phone memory.

• and i trided this link(http://symbianfan.co.cc/software3.html ) to but it's not working....
Please use plain text.