Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

HELP ..N8..Phone freezes and will not turn off

Snoepje
Accepted Solution

HELP ..N8..Phone freezes and will not turn off

Help me !!!!!!!!

Phone freezes and will not turn off ........ It still calling HELPPPPPPPP......

What can or should I do.....

Reply asap..... It's calling about 4 hours now........... I can hear any nokia tunes anymore !!!!

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: HELP ..N8..Phone freezes and will not turn off

Try holding in the power button for about 8 seconds untill you feel 3 quick buzzes. It should then turn off. You can reboot it now by pushing the power button one time like normal.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Snoepje

Hi,

I tried that, but no result.... it won't stop......

Is there an other solution....

Believe me I want to smash that thing out of the window.....

I'm from holland, I dont know any shop in my city ..............

Please use plain text.
Snoepje

THXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....

I turned it of... thx to your tip.........

Thx alot.... You have no idea how much I appriciate it....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Hmmm, I am not sure if there is another way. Since the battery is not removable for users and the 8 second -3 buzzes press don't work, I don't think there are another way to get it off.

Try connect the charger to it and do the 8 second press again, if not I think you will have to either let the battery run out untill it turns off it self or take it to a Nokia care point.

You can check here for care points in your country: http://www.nokia.nl/support/herstellingen/repair-and-recycle-main
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Oh, it did work then? Well that's good. Did you install anything on it before this happened?

If you experience the same issue agian, I suggest you visit a Nokia care point to make them have a look at it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ozkaru

im from Australia, my n8 periodically freezes... and i have to re- boot it. at least once a day now... also it freezes when a call comes thru sometimes, whats the cause and how do we fix this?????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AgentSnake

Thanks Fender77, been having a problem ever since i have Belle software installed, listenin to music, and after a while when i try changing songs or apps running it freezes instantly.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HMRB

On my N8 I used a pen on the top power button and had to hold for nearly 20 seconds.....then just like that it turned off. Everything was normal after powering back on!

Snoepje wrote:

Help me !!!!!!!!

Phone freezes and will not turn off ........ It still calling HELPPPPPPPP......

What can or should I do.....

Reply asap..... It's calling about 4 hours now........... I can hear any nokia tunes anymore !!!!

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

I used a pen on the power button and had to hold down for more than 20 seconds...and then just like that it turned off. Turned back on with no problem!!!

Please use plain text.