Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

[HELP] n97 mini touch screen issue and need to kno...

Advisor
martinko2315
Accepted Solution

[HELP] n97 mini touch screen issue and need to know keyboard tricks

Hello guys, i hope you can help me here.

Ok so, i bought an used n97 mini on ebay, and the touch screen doesn't work, that's the first point.

I knew this issue, but i need you for some help.

Do you know how i can fix this issue by my self ?

And can you tell me how to navigate in the phone only with physical keyboard ? Because i want to use it as camera, mp3 player, and maybe for some messaging over wifi :smileyhappy:

Basically i need to know ho to open options, back, and some stuff like that.

I hope you understand my english :smileyhappy: Bye.

And thanks for guys who will help me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: [HELP] n97 mini touch screen issue and need to know keyboard tricks

hi mate,

discussion of non-official methods of hardware modification are not permitted on these forums. unfortunately the onyl place that could help you in this case is a phone repairer or you can try your luck with Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
martinko2315

Uhm... I don't want to change anything in my hardware... i jsut asked if there is a way to fix this issue with the touch screen without pay 60€ :smileywink:

And if you want to reply something interesting, you'd post a reply to my other question, how can i navigate in the phone just with the keyboard.
I need to know how to open the options menu with the keyboard, and how to go back without closing the program what is running. just going back.

I hope you have some help for me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

sorry my bad, just looked at first sight like many of questions we get from users that ask about hardware modification. my apologies.

i don't have an N97 on hand to help you, and besides it would be too hard. i seriously suggest that you contact Nokia Care and see if they are able to do anything for you: http://nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.
Advisor
martinko2315

okay, no problem :smileyhappy:

I've been in nokia Care here in Slovakia, and they just told me they can change the digitizer for 60€ O_o" I said no, it's too much money for a this phone !

And i asked him if he can tell me how to use the keys for open options, back etc.. he said me he don't know..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

yeah, unfortunately its one of those cases where buying a new phone may actually be cheaper than replacing the hardware. i'd put using the keys in the too hard basket, and instead look at other options you may have mate.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

You can get a digitizer on Ebay for less then 10 euros. They're relatively easy to replace yourself, see YouTube for information on how to..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
martinko2315

I already have my Xperia S :squint: I just bought this phone to use it as mp3 player, and camera :smileytongue:

I just wanted to know this.

I will see if i buy new digitizer or not :squint: Thank you guys :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.