Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

HOW TO RESTART NOKIA N8 WHEN THE PHONE IS LOCKED A...

Registered Member
aviamiash

HOW TO RESTART NOKIA N8 WHEN THE PHONE IS LOCKED AND HANGED ?

HI  i had a problem with my nokia n8 , it was hanged and the phone was locked , as the phone was hanged and locked , i couldnt restart the phone , is it any other way to restart the phone in this situation ?  the phone was fully charged and  i had to wait till the battery was discharged , as due to internal battery ... i had no other option but to wait , so please help me and tel me wat shall i do if theres same situation again ?

regards

aviamiash9

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: HOW TO RESTART NOKIA N8 WHEN THE PHONE IS LOCKED AND HANGED ?

Welcome to the forum!

You could always try keeping power button depressed for 8 seconds until you feel 3 vibrations, which disconnects the battery. Restart phone again normally.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simoncrossuk

I have had the same problem as Aviamiash, fully charged phone, unable to unlock, only the menu key lighting up and going off again. Holding down the power key had no affect whatsoever.

Problem was only resolved when connecting to mains supply which seemed to kick phone back into enough life that I could restart it. But for a good hour afterwards, the phone was doing strange things; whilst constructing a text message it would boot me into an older text message, that sort of thing.

This is a serious concern though. Had I been out somewhere where I needed my phone in an emergency I would have been unable to use my phone, and that is not a healthy situation.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kitchan22

Brilliant Aspergerguy! I just did what you suggested and it worked straight away. Thanks so much!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tulip_girl

Had same problem a few minutes ago. Thanks aspergerguy!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
start78

If holding down power button for eight secomds doesn't work: hold down a bit longer. Sometimes it seems like nine seconds..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

start78 wrote:
If holding down power button for eight secomds doesn't work: hold down a bit longer. Sometimes it seems like nine seconds..

More than the time of 8 or 9 seconds..its till the time you feel 3 vibrations..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kareem_Shawwa

thank you aspergerguy .. you saved me from waiting many hours till battery drain ..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hemanthxgun007

By holding down the power butten the did not restart so what can i do know ..........  My phone is now hanged and i was playing a song even the song is not stoping after the song get over then again the same song is playing

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

@hemanthxgun007 Nokia N8 as well? You have to hold the power key for more than 8 seconds. Did that help?

Please use plain text.