Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Hard Reset Nokia N97

Mobile Visionary
zoro06

Hard Reset Nokia N97

Hold the left shift key, the space bar and the back key then the power key, hold them until the device asks for the country etc.

If your device fails to boot up or gives a contact the retailer message then a hard format on boot will usually sort the problem.

WARNING doing a hard reset will DELETE all user data on the device memory, including contacts, calendar entries and any apps etc you have installed to C: drive, your mass memory/memory card will remain unaffected so any data will still be there, however you may have to reinstall some-apps even if they are installed to mass mem/mem card. so please backup your data before doing this

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Hard Reset Nokia N97

[ Edited ]

And a couple of other models:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?p=452434

:smileyvery-happy:

PS Kudos to Google !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Mobile Visionary
zoro06

[ Edited ]

KUDOS FOR googling or kudos for presenting info in easy , detailed way ... highliting imp. info tooo ... adding more info and advice for users ? :smileyhappy:

anyway, i hope i helped people with that info and helped beginners too :smileyhappy:

nice to help others :smileyhappy: , isn't it?

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

What is the point in this topic?

It's not answering a users question and will soon fall off the front page so what is the point?

Searching the forum will find the answer as it's been posted before so again what is the point in this?

Awarding yourself the solution to something that isn't even a question is considered cheating on this forum.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

the point is guiding people detailed info about hardreset

& i removed the solution, as i don't want to cheat on this forum , just want to help people and i put the solutio button not to leave this app opened ... that's it

:smileyhappy: happy to be in this forum :smileyhappy:

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It's still pointless as it's not connected to a users question.

In future please stick to answering posts, save your guide as a template to answer specific questions.

This board is not the correct place for guides like this.

Another user spammed guides like this all over the forum last month, all were removed.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

i didn't spam anything all over the forum, just chose the right forum about the topic, may be it should be moved to pool of knowledge , moderators decide that

Mobile Sensei
carman58

Zoro, I believe the point is that as many posts alreadt exist already on the forum regarding this information, it is somewhat pointless repeating it, and it is advisable to tell people to use the User Search tool at the top of the page. Repeating a subject, in effect 'cloggs up' the forum and actually makes it harder for people to find a particular solution, as there search simply turns up an even greater number of answers.

Continue enjoying the forum, and giving good advice :smileywink:

Mobile Visionary
zoro06

ok , thanks for clearing

happy to talk with you carman :smileyhappy:

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

carman58 wrote:

Zoro, I believe the point is that as many posts alreadt exist already on the forum regarding this information, it is somewhat pointless repeating it, and it is advisable to tell people to use the User Search tool at the top of the page. Repeating a subject, in effect 'cloggs up' the forum and actually makes it harder for people to find a particular solution, as there search simply turns up an even greater number of answers.

Continue enjoying the forum, and giving good advice :smileywink:

Well said carman58, hopefully zoro06 will understand the point now that you've put it that way.

Great use of a wink too :smileywink:

Mobile Sensei
carman58

hope you're not accusing me of being a winker ?

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

carman58 wrote:
hope you're not accusing me of being a winker ?

LOL, you are so a winker! :smileywink: :smileytongue: :smileyvery-happy: