Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Hard Reset for N97

Counsellor

Hard Reset for N97

Hi,

I want to get an info about Hard  reset , what it does ?,and how i can use the phone after that ,

Nokia care said after hardreset they have to send the phone to company for software upgrade

My phone is N97

what is the code for hardreset

And one speaker is not working of my n97 i think is virus porb plz suggest me antivirus for n97

Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Hard Reset for N97

Use the User Search function at the top of the page, 100's of posts on Hard Reset ( it sets your phone back to 'out of the box' , bit like system restore on Windows) You're speaker problem is probably a hardware problem. but , Use  the User Search function ........................... !

A little research goes a long long way !

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

I would second what carman58 said.

In addition to that, please note that there are no viruses for the newer Symbian phones. A virus is something that installs and runs without your knowledge and uses your phone's resources. Unless you install an app voluntarily, there is no way it can run in the background. There are certificate checks and version checks too, even if you decide to install something (You can always bypass this, but still, there is a provision). Do not download and install apps from untrusted sources as these unscrupulous people might have packed malware with the app that you would've wanted. And by mistake, you might install the malware as well. The bottom line is, if you are prudent enough while downloading and installing software apps, there is absolutely no need for any antivirus software. Antivirus software for your phone will slow down the phone and also might increase battery consumption because it keeps running in the background.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Counsellor

i have  not recived the full reply for it

My pc was infected with virus after plugin the n97 the virus also infected that now i have clean that

and read the full post, i asked some others things too

Counsellor

i asked you about nokia care too

that they are saying about hard reset

Counsellor
digitalcorporal

Ok, again mate, your N97 does not have a virus.

If you want to waste time, money, RAM and Batt in the search of viruses then might i recommend F-Secure

In regards to the hard reset, a hard reset will delete everything on your device and return it to its original state (as you received it on day one.

Information on how to hard reset can be found here

Best of luck

Counsellor
skye_999

Hard reset: *#7370#.

For TFT Press GREEN + RED + CAMERA + ON 

if it ask for a code,default is 12345.

You can do a software update by yourself and no need to send it to nokia care.

You just have to plug you phone to your pc,open pc or ovi suite and look for software update

But before hard reset or software update,make sure that you have a back up of your phone data.

"One miss, You die"
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

*#7370# is called Soft reset

Hard reset procedure for normal S60 phones is to turn them on whilst holding down 3, * and Call buttons.

For N78, instead of Call button, use the multimedia button.

For full-touch devices such as 5800, turn on the phone whilst holding down the Call, End and Camera buttons

For the N97, the procedure is to turn it on whilst holding down the Shift key, Space Bar and the Delete button.

To update or reinstall the firmware, download and install the latest Nokia Software Updater.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Sage
freebird123

BTW you could have a virus on the phone. Either on the internal mass memory or the SD card.

It will NOT affect the phone by itself but could spread onto the PC when you connect the phone in mass memory mode to the PC.

A sure sign of it will be a file called "autorun.inf" in the root folder of either the internal mass memory or the SD card.

To be sure, you could connect the phone in mass memory mode and run a virus scan from the PC on this two memory locations (drive letters). If there is one and your AV can not remove it, you have to format this memory locations from within your phone.

FreeBird

Counsellor
skye_999

Soft reset is *#7780#....
"One miss, You die"
Sage
ak3_ltw

Hi Mayur,

Make sure you connect your phone only to trusted PC.

The above option what you got are soft reset (soft reset means just deletes all your contacts, messages, and settings).

If you want to do a hard reset (a complete erase of content in C drive, which makes phone like brand new).

1. Take back up of your all data, back option is available in Ovi suite and PC suite (but it is preferred not to take because your phone got virus, you can transfer all your contacts to small phones like 3110c which normally do not get affected by viruses)

2. Press SHIFT, SPACE, BACKSPACE together in your right hand, and press power button with your left hand till you get a white Nokia Welcome screen on your phone. (Make sure you hold all 4 buttons together at a time.)

3. Re install the firmware using Ovi suite.

The above 3 steps are about how to do reset.

About Anti-Virus,

dude you have already spent 30K (hoping you are in India) on phone, why you want to go for an antivirus?

If you need you have following options

1. Quick heal

2. Mcafee

3. Kasperskey

4. F-Secure

N97 Black India
Attending Nokia Discussion has become new hobby, Thanks to Nokia... for having so many bugs