Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Headset Adapter for nokia phones

Counsellor
AnupTheRaskal

Headset Adapter for nokia phones

Is there anything(any adapter) from nokia like ths one?

Headset adapter

I need one for my wicked jawbreakers headset with mic to work with my C6-01 in India

Thanks and Regards

Anup

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sabbyj

Re: Headset Adapter for nokia phones

Nokia doesn't make adapters like these. So if you really want to buy one, try it from a local shop. But before buying it, try it and see if it's compatible with your device. They sell for less than a dollar in India (ie. less than 50 Rs )
Sincerely,
Sabbyj

Hit the kudos button if I was of any help to you. And don't forget to mark the solution if I get one.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Headset Adapter for nokia phones

Hi AnupTheRaskal,

Thanks for your question.

What this adaptor does is converting the headset pinout on the plug from UHJ to/from AHJ version. UHJ is what is uses with most Nokia Sx0 and Symbian device, AHJ is used with Nokia N9, Lumia family phones and most Android compatible headsets.

This converter will allow you to use an iPhone compatible headset with a UHJ output for stereo audio only as as those use an Apple propriety system for microphone and buttons.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.