Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Help Required

Advisor

Help Required

Even though i dont use internet on my phone still i cleared internet files, music, images, videos, msgs etc but still it shows an error msg of " low memory, close some applications" and " longtapdetectorexam......." and nothing opens. if it opens it hangs or does not respond incuding camera, images, videos, msgs, contacts, settings and applications. in short it becomes dead. i have tried restarting or taking out the battry for 10 mins and restarting it but they were of no use. it used to work fine when it was new. i have the latest firmware and updated software. model is N97 and location is India. i hv been  a very loyal customer of nokia and had phone like 1100, 8250, 3100, 3230, 3250, n82, n95 2gb, n95 8gb and now n97 32 gb. but a series of such problems has forced me to think to switching to other brands such as sony. is my phone infected by virus, if yes then suggest me a good antivirus..................

Regards

Varun

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Help Required

Have you viewed the many threads on this forum regarding,saving space on C, how to free up mamory on N97 etc etc.Couple of basic things, remove anything from C that you don't use or can delete and re-install on E. In ressaging set memory in use to E-Mass memory (in options-settings-other) and clear privacy data in options on the browser on a regular basis, can use a lot of memory.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.