Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Help updating the software on my N97

Counsellor
starso

Help updating the software on my N97

okay I need to do some software updates on my N97 but have never done anything like this before and have not got a clue where to start.

I have a mac book if that helps, please could someone give me some directions? 

thanks in advance! 

Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

Re: Help updating the software on my N97

Unless your network provider/your local Nokia subsidiary supports over the air firmware updates you won't be able to upgrade your firmware with your computer.  The software update programs are for Windows only, so you'll need to find someone with a PC and download Nokia Software Updater and run it.

I believe there is some sync software Nokia do for the Mac, but I guess it's too small a market for them to support any further currently.

Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Sage

Well probably the first advice that we can give you is to get a WINDOWS PC :smileywink: and then install the NOKIA OVI SUITE.

If that does not work then uhhmm tough one.

First of all go in your phone to 

Menu -> Applications -> SW update

In there you should see which updates are available  one of them should say important which is to update the firmware.

Then you will need to plug your phone to a computer, not sure if the Nokia PC Suite works in MAC but if not then asks a friend with Windows to give you a hand with that. Once you install the firmware you probably don't need the PC Suite until the next update.

N97 Black unlocked using the 3 Network (UK). Product Code 0586308. Firmware V20.0.019. Made In Finland.Custom version V20.019.235.10.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

starso wrote:

okay I need to do some software updates on my N97 but have never done anything like this before and have not got a clue where to start.

I have a mac book if that helps, please could someone give me some directions? 

thanks in advance! 

For the n97 my understanding is that there is an error in the phone that means that the FOTA update is imposible until v12 is installed.

NSU won't work on a Mac, only on  a windows PC

So your best bet is to take the phone to a nokia care point and ask them to perform the upgrade

Please use plain text.