Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Hotmail sync problems - HELP! (Nokia N8 - Anna...

Counsellor
Yess2000

Hotmail sync problems - HELP! (Nokia N8 - Anna )

Hi

I got a problem with my hotmail sync.

I deleted my account without wanting to, and now i want it back - before I could sync all my folders in the hotmail account, but when i'm trying to make a new account it only syncs the inbox/sent maps? The other maps doesn't even appear on the screen when I go to maps.

How do I set up the account in a way so all maps are sync?

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

Re: Hotmail sync problems - HELP! (Nokia N8 - Anna )

Hi,

this is going on for weeks now on my E6 as well. Somtimes Hotmail set-up works and then it doesn't anymore. Once you try to re-install then it only makes normal POP mail available, not via Nokia Messaging and that's why you only see the Inbox.

I have complained to @nokiacares on Twitter as well many times and they said it will be fixed....eventually.

Maybe you buzz them on Twitter as well.

Pete

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LucyLilly

I have the exact same issue, my hotmail account kept not syncing properly so i tried uninstall and reinstall only to find i can't access my folders?!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alalanda

I have the same problem. I  think I'm going to change nokia by blackberry. This is not the fisrt time I have problems with the mail in nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ssnickerssovi

Since yesterday afternoon I don't receive mails from hotmail account.

I think Nokia messaging is getting worse and will be useless one day if it continues this way.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuiDreamsN8

I haven't recieved any hotmail emails on my N8 since yesterday afternoon either

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Could you remove your Hotmail mailbox from the device, reboot and add Hotmail mailbox again?

Does it work then? I understand that this is not a solution, but after Symbian Anna upgrade that might help.

Check the Mail > Settings > Hotmail > Auto-retrieval: Retrieval schedule, Is it All day?  and Retrieval frequency, Is it Soonest?

Please use plain text.
nofaithinanna

Me too - last mail header received 17:07 on 26/09/2011 but unable to retrieve content.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuiDreamsN8

managed to get it to work by deleting mailbox then setting up again.

1st attempt failed but 2nd attempt worked.

Now to try and get my social app etc to work

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alalanda

I had two hotmail accounts on my nokia c7. one of them stopped to synchronize. I deleted it and I tryed to reconfigure again but it will not let me. I did a soft reset, a hard reset, installed all updates (anna), but still does not leave me. I put the sim in another nokia c7 and let me set up the account correctly. ¿¿¿¿¿¿????????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿????????????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿????????????

In nokia care they told me to delete the account in messaging web, before configuring the account in my phone, but it did not work

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ssnickerssovi

[ Edited ]

I have removed and add my hotmail account and it seems to work again : thank you !

BUT !!!!

It remains THE big problem since Anna : I have to reboot my device several times a day because emails software  hangs up with the white circle turning forever with no mails coming. It's a BIG issue that can lead users to change for devices with emails working as it should be.

Do you have a solution for this problem ?

To ovoid rebooting my device, I have set to receive mails anly once a  day and I manually sync to receive mails... of course it's not a good solution, it's just for a short time waiting for Nokia to fix it or before going to another brand...

And I alway have to wait ("retreiving"... message) to read emails even with parameters set to load fulle mail and graphics or attached files downloaded "from time to time" !!

Any informations from Nokia will be appreciate by all of us.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gazzmann

Similar thread going on here:

/t5/Messaging-Email-Browsing-and/N8-Hotmail-re-set-up-problems/td-p/1162399

Looks like we're all having mail, esp hotmail, probs, mine was intermittant but now it's totally stopped working, even some homescreen widgets have stopped working, not just mail, what the hell is going on here, I haven't updated anything for ages!?!
N8-00 on Vodafone
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

We had the problems on Nokia Messaging service network on last week when using Hotmail. The network problems have been resolved now and service should work ok again.

If the issue is still with N8 (or C3) and Hotmail, the best solution is to remove the existing account from the phone, restart and reconfigure Hotmail on the phone.

If that does not help, please contact to Nokia Support (Contact us on your local Nokia Support web site).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have never had this problem in the time I have had my N8. I have now though and the problem started 23rd June 2012 - Why don't Nokia seem to reslove their issues in a timely manner. Did anyone get an resolution to this? I have tried everything from removing and adding the hotmail mailbox so many times to delete and restore and still nothing working?

Any other ideas from anyone? really grateful

Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

Here same problem. Hotmail in N8 only able to view inbox & outbox. Hotmail setup in N8 become totally useless in such way, we are not able to view other folders in hotmail & there is no option in setting to sync folder. Nokia please fix it!!!

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

Re: NM phased out for S^3

didn't you read the post elsewhere in this forum where kosh informs us of the same?

microsoft, the trusted partner of nokia seems to get the first axe with latest greatest devices and services not playing well with each other.

like i myself mentioned elsewhere, NM works fine with ...@live.com and ...@hotmail.com accounts. you have to however do the standard nokia ritual (SOR):

1. remove account from device

2. perform 10sec reset

3. restart device

4. reconfigure ...@live.com / ...@hotmail.com accounts

5. if not working, repeat from step2

6. keep trying

7. then, do a hard reset of device

8. repeat from step1

looks like we S^3 guys are getting the rawest of the deals: first anna, then belle, now NM.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: NM phased out for S^3

Hi metal_might

I have tried this several times all to no avail. iphone has arrived at home today as Nokia, firstly made a mistake, I feel, partnering with microsoft and, then issues with updates and now this. Nopw got 7 days before my final decision is made :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.