Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How do I change memory card on C6 without loos...

Registered Member
havrelina

How do I change memory card on C6 without loosing the data?

[ Edited ]

Hi, when I bought my Nokia C6 this week I thought I could change to a bigger memory card, but I was wrong.

When I changed to a bigger memory card all the data that was on the old card disappeared from the phone. It was not only images and mp3's but also the games that came with the phone. How exactly do I transfer the files from the old card to the bigger one? I can not put all of the files in the phone memory either, because it is too small.

As a matter of fact I could only find the images and music files in the old memory (using ovi suit). No other files where I able to find. So where are the games anyway?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: How do I change memory card on C6 without loosing the data?

they should be still on the card,the best way to transfer is through ovi suite.insert the card back in,maybe you stored the games on the phones memo?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

That is exactly what I wanted to know.I have a 2GB card that came with my C6-01 and plan to upgrade to a higher memory.So how shall I transfer apps to new card? I know I would have no problems with music, video and image files.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

This is just a suggestion. Not sure whether it Will work. Back up the contents of the old memory card to your pc using Ovi suite. Then replace the old with new card and restore the back up on to the new one. Its worth a try...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
leotay

i m using c6-01...i had try all method...backup and restore by ovi suite...transfer all content from old to new...it fail to detect the apps in new microSD...is there any other method?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Haven't tested this myself.. but have a look at this thread ..

...and this one is showing SOLVED status ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ntnchaudhary

connect cell with the app with pc in mass storage mode

then transfer these 4 folder in pc hard drive

SYS

SYSTEM
PRIVATE
RESOURCES

and then copy them in your new mem card

and its just for the apps

rest images and mp3 can also be done by these methods

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Vojta98

Use PC Suite or Ovi Suite to make a backup of your old memory card, then replace it with the new one and "restore" your files from the backup you've created. Works, I've done this too (512 MB to 8 GB).
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kokomito

[ Edited ]

In case of a card-change I would prefer using:

robocopy <drive_letter_of_old_card>:\ <drive_letter_of_new_card>:\ /MIR

or, if there's only one MicroSD-slot

robocopy <drive_letter_of_old_card>:\ <temporary_folder_path>\ /MIR

(interchange cards)

robocopy <temporary_folder_path>\ <drive_letter_of_new_card>:\ /MIR

For further information on using robocopy or the command line, refer to the internet (primarily the pages of Microsoft).

C7-00 - type code RM-675 - product code 059B532 - firmware version 111.030.0609
Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

Symbian devices have these folders that is not shown by connecting to oc through your phone -
E\private
E\sys
E\system
if u want to change your memry card without losing any of ur app installed in yor memory card, then you must connect yor card to pc with card reader or something else and copy all those system files to your new memory card.
Symbian-Developers Forum Member
Please use plain text.