Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do i configure "Device Manager" software on E6...

How do i configure "Device Manager" software on E66 ?

How do i configure "Device Manager" software to update my E66 nokia "over-the-air" ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: How do i configure "Device Manager" software on E66 ?

hey there buddy, it usually does not need configuration. I don't have any Server profiles, and in the Settings my default and only server profile is Nokia. so you don't need to do anything, bar select the access point (Destinations) when updating to allow it to coneeect oto the internet.

actually, on second thought, does E66 even have FOTA? its a FP1 device, so not sure there though have heard N82 had it. ohyeah has it, umm follow the advice i have given above, but also check your user manual for exactly where the update information is at.

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajkosladic

wat about on a nokia e63?   it says no server profile defined.   how do i update over the air?  

thanks

RAY

ray s
Please use plain text.
Sage
tanz1987

Last time I checked the Device Software Update website, it didn't say the E66 supports FOTA.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajkosladic

ooppps i mean e63 lol sorry guys
ray s
Please use plain text.
Sage

On this page, it details the server profile settings:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/faq

=================================================================

I get an error message when using my device to update. What should I do?

"Remote server not responding"

Most likely your Nokia device cannot connect to the Internet or the server is not available. Internet connectivity problems may have several causes, such as a temporary network failure in the operator's network or Internet, or missing or incorrect access point settings for the device updates (or web browser) application. Remember that if your device supports it, you can also use WiFi to connect to the Internet and update.

You also need to have Update Server settings programmed into your device. These can be operator-specific settings (contact your operator for help), or standard Nokia settings as shown below:

Key *#0000# into your phone's home screen or go to Device manager (consult your user guide if necessary).

Select Options > Server profiles > Options > New server profile > Copy = No

Server NameNokia
Server IDNokia
Server passwordfirmupservpass
Access point[select your preferred AP]
Host addresshttps://dms.update.nokia.com/dms/omadm
Port443
User namenokiams
DM passwordnokiamspass
Allow configurationYes
Auto accept all requestsYes

"Update cancelled by server" or "Update not allowed. Contact service provider."

Your Nokia device may not have been able to send a message requested or expected by the server, or your service provider does not allow updates. If that is the case, the server may close the connection. Wait a moment and try again. If unsuccessful, contact your service provider.

"Phone is being updated. Try again later"

The update sequence is active until your Internet connection is closed. Wait a moment and try again. Check that your Nokia device has no other Internet connections – for example, that you are not currently uploading or downloading anything other than this update.

"No network connection. Unable to download."

Remember that if your device supports it, you can also use WiFi to connect to the Internet and update.

=================================================================

However, I don't think the E63 supports OTA even if you enter the above settings to your E63.

I'm not sure if the E66 supports OTA though.

===============================================

Kindly click the 'green star' button if this post was helpful.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Neonard

I use the configuration for my N95 but its still not working. What must i do cos my usb is not functioning
Please use plain text.
AshishGupta0

"update cancelled by server" is the message being displayed.
What to do now??

Please use plain text.
Sage
aet419

most s60 v3.2 devices and only few v3.1 devices support FOTA and server profile preconfigured in those devices. E63 does not support FOTA
Please use plain text.
MANITARAR

how to create server profile for device update
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

MANITARAR wrote:
how to create server profile for device update

If you are referring to your E63 an S60 3rd Ed. FP1 device AFAIK FOTA update was never offered.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rafaself

Update cancelled by server. What can I do? Who is my service provider? Sorry I am a portuguese and I dont knw english very wll but U can explain me so.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

As above:-

"Update cancelled by server" or "Update not allowed. Contact service provider."

Your Nokia device may not have been able to send a message requested or expected by the server, or your service provider does not allow updates. If that is the case, the server may close the connection. Wait a moment and try again. If unsuccessful, contact your service provider.

Your service provider is your SIM network operator.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rafaself

thanks I did understand..so what will I say to my service provider,will I ask for them to do what? Hlp hlp me
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rafaself

is it necessary to reset factory setting to do that?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rafaself

i wrote so: http://66.102.186.136/opm/ht/omadm/dm. Now when I start configuration on my E65 it connect with the server afterward ask for valid user name and password.. Do what?
Please use plain text.