Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to completely uninstall a program?

Counsellor
hey2

How to completely uninstall a program?

I already uninstall a application on my phone and install it again but when i open it the previous settings is not change.my question now is how to uninstall it completely not only in my application manager but also in my C or E drive directory to install it like new one? i mean same as deleting in registry on computer.

NOKIA E52-1
RM-469
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Re: How to completely uninstall a program?

what application are you trying to uninstall?
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Provided that you backup all essential data first, key in *#7370# followed by 12345 (default Nokia lock code unless altered by yourself) which will return device to "Out of box" state.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

keep in mind, that this is going to reformat your device and wipe all your data.

which will make you reinstall all your applications.

so best to figure out what application you have installed first to determine what you should do.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hey2

Theres no other way just formatting? coz i dont want to do that anyway thank you.
NOKIA E52-1
RM-469
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
algotechie

I'd also like to uninstall the app Lotus Notes from the model E71. I have actually done it - There are two parts of this app (the app itself and a bug reporting tool), and I removed both. The process went without error and I got the message that the app was removed. But when the phone is restarted, the app is again there!!!!!! Just how is that possible? If all the files related to the app were removed, how (and why) did they come back automatically? Does that mean the phone is telling me lies about what it's removed? How do I get rid of this app? It came pre-installed. Like the OP, I do not wish to format just to remove one app. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Check this out:

/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/e71-can-t-deinstall-lotus-traveler-after-upgrade-to-500-21-009/m-p/721...

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
algotechie

@hadimassa Thanks for the link, it worked. In short, in order to prevent the automatic installation of the Lotus Notes, you need to move or delete its installer file (a sisx file in "C:/Software"). You need to use an external file manager app like X-plore or Y-browser to access that file.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
algotechie

Correction. Oops, the folder is "C;/installations" in my previous post.
Please use plain text.