Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to copy Contacts to Memory card

Counsellor

How to copy Contacts to Memory card

Hi,

i know u can copy conatcts one by one to Mc but how to indentify the contacts folder in Phone memory and copy all.

and how should i copy all my sim contacts to mc. accessing teh sim contacts is bit pain taking .

suggest.

hussain 

Please use plain text.
Professor
kamenlitchev

Re: How to copy Contacts to Memory card

You do not mention a phone model, but suppose it is any S60.3 phone, simply:

- Open the addressbook and choose Options -> Mark/Unmark > Mark all

- Then choose Options -> Copy -> To memory card 

In a similar way, simply mark all entries in the SIM and copy them to the Addressbook via Options -> Copy to Contacts

Ericsson T10i -> Nokia 7110 -> Siemens C45, C55, M55, M65 -> Nokia 6131, N73, N82 -> HTC Wildfire, Desire HD -> Nokia Lumia 800 -> HTC Desire X -> Lumia 820 -> Sony Xperia SP -> Lumia 925 + Sennheiser CX 500
If I've helped, use the Kudos button to thank
:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cos28

I have tried to mark all the contacts and copy them ...however when I go to options there is only one option is display ie. the SIM card. That does not solve but problem that is to copy my contacts to my memory card. Can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cos28

When I tried to copy the contacts to my memory card by marking them and pressing the Options button...only the option of copying to SIM was displayed. So my problem still remains...how to copy my contacts to the memory card?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aw6789

I noticed the same thing with my E6 running Symbian Anna. I don't think you can copy the contacts to the memory card, at least not on Symbian devices.

What I did instead was connect the phone to my computer with the USB cable, and fire up Nokia Suite. Sync all the contacts from your phone to your computer, then click the contacts tab. Click the first contact, then press CTRL and A to select all the contacts. Once all the contacts are selected, go to FILE and click EXPORT CONTACTS. You then create a new folder and choose it for exporting the contacts as VCF files. This is the best way to have a backup of your contacts. Each contact VCF file is a few kilobytes in size. Whenever you create new contacts, simply select these only in Nokia Suite and export them to the folder with your contacts.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aw6789

I should also point out that if you are doing this to transfer contacts from one phone to another, you can simply use the IMPORT CONTACTS option in FILE of nokia suite, and then transfer them to the new phone.

Please use plain text.