Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to copy all SMS from N8 to my PC?

Counsellor
ketanvc
Accepted Solution

How to copy all SMS from N8 to my PC?

I want to copy my all SMS (Inbox, Sent, Draft, My Folders etc.) to my computer disk. I want it to be done in format in which I can open it and read it not in a format like nokia back-up (.nbu). How to do it? Is there any other tool available for it. I am using Ovi Suite 3.3.86. Please help me, thanks... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: How to copy all SMS from N8 to my PC?

If you SYNC them with the Nokia Suite..You will be able to see (Read) them within the Nokia Suite..

Connect the Phone to PC. Open Nokia Suite-->Messages and click on 'Sync' next to the Phone Icon at the Bottom..Then when you select the appropriate folder at the Top.. you will see them listed..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Thanks. But they can be only viewed with ovi suite. I want it like in csv format or txt format or any other like that.

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

When in Nokia Suite, go to the messages screen and when looking at your messages in Conversation view, you will have the option to export all messages as a .csv file in the file menu.
N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Not getting that option in ovi suite :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@ketanvc

As posted previously whilst in Conversations > click on File (top left of screen) and there is option to "Export all messages" as .csv:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

[ Edited ]

Very odd.

Just wondering what version of Nokia Suite you have installed, as this option wasn't available with the version supplied with the phone. I can't remember quite when it got included in release versions as I have been using beta versions until very recently.

It might be worth getting the latest version from http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/n8-00/downloads/

I've attached a screen grab from my PC showing that it does exist (if attaching works today as it was a bit shaky yesterday)

ETA No still not working for me so I have stuck it up at http://twitpic.com/8v0cns/full

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

andy3196 wrote:

Just wondering what version of Nokia Suite you have installed, as this option wasn't available with the version supplied with the phone. I can't remember quite when it got included in release versions as I have been using beta versions until very recently.

Everything went "pear shaped" with 3.3.90 Beta released 09/03/12, as can no longer sign-in with credentials!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

@andy3196 @aspergerguy

Thanks for the reply....

I am using Nokia Suite 3.3.86. And for the thing you are telling me (i.e. to export option in file), first I must sync all my messages with PC. Am i right? Then and then only I can export my conversations in .csv format.... True?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Yes,, you need to first Sync them in the Nokia Suite..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Thanks guys for your help...

But I'm still not able to back-up the messages which are located in "My Folders" sections of N8. Everything in Inbox can be synced and backed up but not in Drafts, Sent and My Folders section.

Nokia Experts please help me.....asap.

Please use plain text.