Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to copy contacts from SIM to Phone Memory in N...

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

How to copy contacts from SIM to Phone Memory in Nokia 5230

I purchased Nokia 5230 today

My Sim is having 200 contacts in it

How can i copy all of them in my phone memory and make my sim free of data

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Re: How to copy contacts from SIM to Phone Memory in Nokia 5230

Go to Contacts>options>settings>contacts to display>check only "Sim memory"

Now all contacts on sim will be shown, Go to Options>Mark/unmark>mark all>options>copy>phone memory.

Your all contacts are now copied to Phone memory (so you can delete them from Sim if u want) and after this change (Contacts>options>settings>contacts to display>check only "Sim memory") to "phone memory"
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks a lot Cool Beleif

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Welcome
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Contributor

After I had given my 5230 at the Nokia care in Abu Dhabi for checking out a problem on why the contacts were being searched for the last name when the setting in the phone was to display the first name. They could not answer me why, but they wiped clean all my address book. I then had to copy any address that were in the SIM to the phone memory. In doing so all the names in the SIM were copied to last name field of the phone contacts. Many of the names are infact first names. I want this corrected globally. Therefore I want to export the phone contacts to a .csv (can be opened and edited using MS Excel). I also want to add other address that are not in the SIM to this .csv and then import them back to Ovi and then sync it to the phone.

Can you please help me with this task?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Download the latest version of PC Suite from..

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/pc-suites/compatibility-and-download#84

...and install on your PC..

Connect the phone to PC and open PC Suite -->Contacts..Select all contacts and go to File -->Export... save the file (.csv) to desired location...Once you are finished with the Editing... delete all contacts from the Phone.. and thru' 'Import' restore them back..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
canactron

This work on my E5
Please use plain text.