Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to do back up on N8?

Professor
babis3g

How to do back up on N8?

[ Edited ]

Hi

sorry if i am little silly but how can i make back up to my N8?

nokia suite has a nice option but the phone is not supported

at nokia updater i dont see this feature

at ovi suit i see software update on top with green icon option but i dont see not back up

at the n8 i have not note any program with back up as it was on my 5800( i think is there this option)

i have install more than 90 apps and programs(tv,radios,ps3 news etc) and the phone still run smooth and fast but i have some paid apps as well and some inportant notes and infos

any help appreciated  and thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: How to do back up on N8?

I use two methods, if you connect to Ovi suite (always sync contacts and messages) and select tools you have an option to backup. Also use my Ovi account to sync OTA, log on to uor Ovi account, choose contacts, set phone and set up sync, Ovi will send sync settings to phone, make a note of pass code to activate , then you can back up Contacts, Calendar and Notes !!

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
rajhot

If u have a memory card inserted u can take backup of phone memory from file manager application itself.
I think u can't backup ur apps ..u can only take backup of contacts,calender,notes,bookmarks etc
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I tend to save all app .sis files on my computer and re-install them when required, rarely do a full backup of the phone as always have a couple of contact backups in ovi account or just re-sync with Ovi suite to restore them, everthing else can just be added manually from PC, plus a full backup and restore can take longer than just setting up the phone, but that's just me !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mickt1664

may sound stupid but where does the backed up files go to and does it save pictures as well
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

If you use Ovi suite to backup it's your decision where to store the backup on your PC. And yes, all your photos can be backed up if you wish.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
weeels

Is there any way I could get the OVI Suite to back up my picture messages? I was able to move the text messages to the OVI suite, but unable to back up my picture ones.

Please use plain text.