Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to do hard reset on Nokia 5800 at start-up...

Registered Member
anandmint

Re: How to do hard reset on Nokia 5800 at start-up?

i did hard reset using the hard keys....red+camera+power+green......hard reset was successful..... but everytime at startup it ask for lock code...... and 12345 is said as code error..... can any one help me ....pls....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JohnBlund

Worked for me ! Thnx !!!
Please use plain text.
kingh1

5800 home screen telephone key not working , and Contact keys also not work ?

5800 home screen telephone key not working , and Contact keys also not work , rest all keys working ?

No green button work

Please use plain text.
Contributor
clayquilo

Please make backup before applying this type of reset, since it will restore the phone’s settings to factory default as well as erasing all the data in the phone memory.

1st option

Soft Reset (when you CAN still use the phone's touchscreen)

1. You need to use the touchscreen dialer to enter these codes:
  2. *#7780# if you want to restore factory settings only and it will NOT delete data.
  3.  *#7370# if you want to reformat your phone and delete all the data in it.
  4.  Press Select.
  5.  Voila, your phone is back to normal.
  6.  Congratulations.

Last option

Hard Reset (if you CANNOT use anymore the phone's touchscreen)

1. You need to use the phone's buttons and your 4 fingers to do this trick. :smileywink:
  2. Switch off the phone. (Remove the battery if you cannot turn it off)
  3. Press the buttons: GREEN + RED + CAMERA + ON simultaneously (DO NOT LET GO OF THE BUTTONS) until you see the “Select Country” option after the Nokia's Handshake Welcome Logo appear.:smileysurprised:
  4. Choose your country, enter the date and time.
  5. Voila, your phone is back to normal.
  6. Congratulations.
Note:
If you were asked for a code, just type: 12345 (unless you change it):smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mihus

I don't think that's useful to you now, but for all those out there whose 5800s need a hard-reset, here's how you do it:

1: press and hold the power button till the phone vibrates

2: quickly simultaneously press green, red and camera button and hold them until the phone starts playing the nokia strat-up video (those annoying shaking hands).

Be aware! Hard-reset implies formatting the phone memory (including contacts). Therefore, you should back-up or save all your data you want to keep. The memory card will not be affected whatsoever.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@Mihus: If you take a look on the post right above yours, it's already mentioned there.

Btw, it's way more easier to depress the three button combo before you hit the fourth (powerbutton).

My advice to new users is to at least read a few posts if not the whole thread before posting.

I'm pretty sure this thread already containes the guide to hard reset a few times:smileywink:

No offense, just a plain good advice:smileyhappy:

Cheers!
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thanx, worked for me.

Please use plain text.
StarglowOne

[ Edited ]

Will any of these solutions also reset every app/program etc. installed on the phone? Because i really need to reset it to the state it was when i bought it, except the software upgrades of course

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Hi, doing the soft or hard reset will not change the firmware version of your device.

Both the soft and hard reset will wipe your phone memory deleting all contacts, messages, calendar notes etc and of course all apps which isn't a part of the ROM. - That would be all apps you've installed on the phone memory too.

Apps which is a part of the ROM and operating system will of course not be deleted on your 5800, but will be reset back to out of box state.
Please use plain text.
StarglowOne

thanks for the answer. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gangan

thanks a lot................................. thank u very much

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arshadarsal

Hard reset can possible in Nokia 5800 by pressing the Green,Red+Camera button together and switch on the phone and hold it until the hand shake signal

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amankhan786

thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
guiguicr

how to remove the blinking envelope sign on my nokia 5800?

there's a blinking envelope sign on the right top corner of my cell phone... how can I remove it? i already tried formatting the cell but when i restored the information it popped again... and there's a message displayed on the screen that reads "memory full. delete or move some data from C: Phone memory". I'm a 100% sure the memory is not full... what can I do? thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: how to remove the blinking envelope sign on my nokia 5800?

It could be messages stored on the SIM card. Check if you got any SIM messages and delete those.
Please use plain text.
weav1992

I just tried the GREEN + RED + CAMERA to reset my phone as I now want to sell it and it worked fine for me where as 12345 didn't do anything at all apart from turn off the phone,

thanks for the helpful advice

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
santhu1117

thank you

Please use plain text.
jhfk

When I type *#7370#. After it neet Code

Please use plain text.
jhfk

I have type *3 after press botom call. It show me that [ MSISDN:85592943437

Please use plain text.
jhfk

I want to clear my Phone memory but it need code

Please use plain text.