Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to do hard reset on Nokia 5800 at start-up?

Contributor

Re: Nokia 5800 keeps vibrating at startup

Outch.

There are many people who know incredible tricks on this forum, so maybe someone will come up with one for you...

...but this definitely sounds like a send-back-to-factory case to me (never heard of red-green-camera not working...)

Good luck anyway!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 5800 keeps vibrating at startup

similar problem i had faced. i would suggest u remove the battey pack. keep it idle, then put it on charging for 5-10 mins. Now remove the charging pin wait for the screen to go blank and the try again the RED-GREEN-CAMERA while you power ON the Cell. It worked in my case.....

This trick wont work unless the phone stops vibrating. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: How to do hard reset on Nokia 5800 at start-up?

yes you can do it any number of times
Please use plain text.
Contributor
saadshaukat

The 4- button trick worked for my 5230:

GREEN + RED + CAMERA + ON and i wiped my phone mem clean.

Please use plain text.
witiok

[ Edited ]

My alarm clock  has delay. Rings between 1-9 minutes after my time.I have nokia 5800.  I did reset my phone by pressing *#7370# . Doesn't helps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Do you have firmware version V30 or V31? (dial *#0000# to find out if you don't know).

If so, then there's not much you can do except wait for the update to V40 for your product code. It's a bug in the firmware. No amount of resetting will change that.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
witiok

[ Edited ]

It is v 31.  Could I do something? What kind of bug it is? Thanks anyway.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It's a bug in the firmware and there's nothing you can do about it.

I suppose there's the possibility that a Care Point will agree to roll your phone back to V21 firmware, which does not have this bug. If not, your only option is to wait until V40 is available for your product code.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cryogenous

thanks @gunglewack!!

it's really work!! thank you so much!!

Please use plain text.
n_v_j

[ Edited ]

hey,

i have had my 5800 xm since may 2009, with no big problems until today.

now my phone is completely stuck, and the only reason i can imagine to cause it is an theme i downloaded from the OVI store. and that is the nokias official store for applications etc.. isnt it?

so i didnt except to get any viruses from there.

so this theme(?) caused my phone to get "locked", when i restart it asks the lock code.

but it didnt accept it, so first i thought to throw my phone out of window but then found these forums and seems ppl have had similar problems with this model, maybe even from the same reasons.

i did the "on+green+red+camera" thing, and typed that 12345 as lock code. then it shows me a message "code error". w t f ??? and my real lock code doesnt work either.

i think it did reset my phone, cause the language turned into english.

and btw im not sure is this v. 20 or above, cause i cant check it now.

so if anyone has any ideas that may help, please tell me.. otherwise i have to give up with this and buy an iphone or something.

ps. sorry about errors in the text - english isnt my native language : P

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssyayan

Hi there,

I also having the same problem with you, my phone is nokia 5730

it also asking phone code, whatever i enter the number (12345!) the response always "code error" message, it's happen since i install theme form ovi store

i've did "hard reset" but it's not solve the problem

did anyone know how to solve it ?

Thank & Regards,

Yayan

Please use plain text.
Vegeta

[ Edited ]

hi,

After i did update on my nokia 5800 it appears the message that the update has successfully completed, but after that the phone was turned off and i couldn't open it even with red+green+camera. Any idea about this problem? I was trying to update from 30.1.000 or something to 40.0.005

thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kaverao

Hi,

PROBLEM: Applications menu doesnt open.

WHAT I DID : I had installed many themes from OVI stores site (but not from any other sites) On setting one of the theme started srewing up many things & slowing down the phone. After restarting the phone, (usual trick of removing battery & memory card & then inserting the card) it started working fine, except WHEN I CLICKED THE APPLICATIONS MENU, it gave the error "MENU: Memory Full!, Please close some applications and try again" though i had not opened any applications. It seemed like consistent problem for me. Then i deleted all sms from phone memory to make around 43MB space free and Deleted most of the theme & downloaded app files from memory card (using file manager).

NOW, WHEN I CLICKED THE APPLICATIONS MENU, IT DOESNT GIVE ANY ERROR, BUT SIMPLY CLOSES THE MENU ITSELF AND GOES TO HOMESCREEN.

Now, i can use my phone only for call, music, camera. Also, there are some inconsistancy in the response - like sometimes recent call hostory doesnt show up, sometimes msg crashes, images gallery crash etc. I think al the probs due to same cause.

Being a app/games lover, I surely cant live with it. PLEASE SOMEONE WITHTHIS KIND OF EXPERIENCE SUGGEST ME IF "hard reset" Can SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kaverao

Hi,

PROBLEM: Applications menu doesnt open.

WHAT I DID : I had installed many themes from OVI stores site (but not from any other sites) On setting one of the theme started srewing up many things & slowing down the phone. After restarting the phone, (usual trick of removing battery & memory card & then inserting the card) it started working fine, except WHEN I CLICKED THE APPLICATIONS MENU, it gave the error "MENU: Memory Full!, Please close some applications and try again" though i had not opened any applications. It seemed like consistent problem for me. Then i deleted all sms from phone memory to make around 43MB space free and Deleted most of the theme & downloaded app files from memory card (using file manager).

NOW, WHEN I CLICKED THE APPLICATIONS MENU, IT DOESNT GIVE ANY ERROR, BUT SIMPLY CLOSES THE MENU ITSELF AND GOES TO HOMESCREEN.

Now, i can use my phone only for call, music, camera. Also, there are some inconsistancy in the response - like sometimes recent call hostory doesnt show up, sometimes msg crashes, images gallery crash etc. I think al the probs due to same cause.

Being a app/games lover, I surely cant live with it. PLEASE SOMEONE WITHTHIS KIND OF EXPERIENCE SUGGEST ME IF "hard reset" Can SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

Or CAN SOMEONE SUGGEST A BETTER SOLUTION (I hate going to Nokia Care!!! coz they dont really Care!)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chouch

For Nokia touchscreen phone, like Nokia 5800 and probably valid for next smart phones running on S60 5th Edition UI too, press the call key (green), cancel call key (red) and the camera shutter button while power on the device, until the Nokia logo appears.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bluegal

Anyone know nokia 5800 hard reset on version 40.0.005 ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bitsmit

ok so my ph froze just like the rest of u people..i went online and figured out how to HARD reset the ph..so what u want to do is hold down the green(TALK) button  + the red(END) button + the camera button + the power button..make sure u do it in this order..then u'll see it will ask u for the country u r in and stuff and thats how u know that u have HARD resetted the ph..if it works just take a moment to thank

enjoy

Please use plain text.
nizdon

Hi ,

After hardresetting my nokia 5800 express music phone , the  MyRingtone2, SmartGuard application are not working .

MYRingTone2 application just flickers and closes . SmartGuard application displays "Application is not valid" . Can someone help me solving this issue.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrg3100

Download the extended user guide

menu>settings>phone>phone mgmt.>factory settings>...answer yes>enter code 12345 (If you phone still has the default lock code.)

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/product-support/nokia-5800-xpressmusic/guides-5800-xpressmusic

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

If you had apps on the memorycard which don't work after a hard reset, you will most likely have to reinstall the apps again to make It work.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.