Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to export sent email from n8?

dsokolov42

How to export sent email from n8?

Hi,

I'm using the standard email application on my N8 (no Anna yet) with a POP3&SMTP account. I need to export the messages I sent with my N8. They are stored in two "sent" folders

I need to import these messages into the email software on my computer or an email account on a server.

How is that done? I could not find any export tool in the Nokia Suite, the PC Suite or N8 itself. There is a "Best MessageStore" app in the Store, but it only creates plaintext or CSV files, which I can't import anywhere.

I could use an IMAP folder, but I could not find a way to change the current setup from POP3/SMTP to IMAP. I can create a new account with new folders on the phone, but then I don't know how to copy the old email messages into that new IMAP folder.

Furthermore, I tried importing the email messages to a Nokia N9, but the import routine seems to ignore email messages.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
dsokolov42

Re: How to export sent email from n8?

Would anyone here know in which files my sent emails are stored on the N8?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi dskolov42,

You can change the Nokia messaging email account settings here. Also remember to change the IMAP setting of your email account from the service as well.

Hope you get your sent emails synced! Let me know if you have any issues.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Helpful, but the sent folder, which is duplicated on the N8 and not synchronised with the server does not appear.

RMC

Please use plain text.
Sage
Dan555

[ Edited ]

Belle is the first version that lets you move items out of the Sent folder into other folders.

The Suite will take a backup of your message store before upgrading to Belle and restore it afterwards. You could then move items in the Sent into other IMAP folders.

You also might find NbuExplorer on Sourceforge.net useful, it allows you to look inside the backup files taken by Nokia Suite. You could backup the message store and examine it without needing to upgrade to Belle if you're not upgrading for a reason.

Your messages are stored in C:\Private\1000484b but you don't have permission to view them yourself with the File Manager unless you've jailbroken first.

Please use plain text.