Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to get back software I lost with Belle update?

Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC
Accepted Solution

How to get back software I lost with Belle update?

I had the following games installed on my N8 when there was this "Summer Game Gifts" campaign:

- Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. HD+

- Angry Birds Seasons

- The Settlers

- Angry Birds Rio

- Monopoly Classic HD

- Worms HD

- GT Racing HD+

- Tetris HD

- Guitar Rock Tour 2 HD

They are all, besides of almost every other program/app I had installed, lost with the Belle update. Only Tetris is still on my mobile, maybe I had installed it accidentally on C: and not like all the other games on E:

All the games don't appear in my Nokia Store history ... but one game "Brain+" appears in my history but costs now 90c, I downloaded it for free like two months ago.

Why isn't the update making a backup of ALL applications if also applications on E: are deleted during the update process?

And my prime question: How can I get back all this games?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bhathaway

Re: How to get back software I lost with Belle update?

I'm in the same situation. My kids loved some of those games. I'm mystified by the fact that, despite the fact that they were downloaded from Ovi Store, they're not showing up in the list of downloaded applications!
Nokia! How are you going to fix this situation?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chit1bit

ya same here 

iits bad or even worst than anna

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I am having the same probelm with apps I have purchased before the upgrade. I can see them in my purchase history but when I try to download them again Ovi is trying to charge me for them.

You would have thought that this would have been a fundamental area that Nokia should have thought about with a major O/S upgrade. Its not too much to ask to expect to be able to re-install apps you have previously purchased or downloaded!!!!!

Come on Nokia, get your finger out.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

That is what I call support! :smileyfrustrated:

Seems like I'm not the only one, in other threads people are complaining about missing applications too. And still no answer from Nokia - What is this support discussion for if there is no support?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

There is a FAQ by Nokia regarding the Belle update and more specifically what apps are not yet compatible.

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-faq?intc=ncompromolp-fw-...

So far, the Belle update seems to be the most problematic update yet and given the time it's taken them to release the update since they announced it back in August 2011, you'd have thought it would have been a lot better than this.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bhathaway

Angry Birds Seasons is compatible with Belle (shows up in the store as purchase-able when phone type is set to N8 belle) but it's not in the downloads on the "My Stuff" section of the store even though I downloaded it as part of the free summer promotion last year. Annoying as I had almost finished before the upgrade.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

Only want to say that I've written an e-mail to my countries Nokia support and the answer was for the summer gift games that they can't restore the games because that was a single campaign and therefore the games for free aren't available anymore. And for the Brain+ the answer was that Nokia can't control the price of third party applications. If it was free and isn't anymore it's bad luck for me that I lost the game with the update.

My conclusion: Use your favorite search engine for something like "The Settlers Symbian signed" and you're happy. I don't feel guilty to illegally download software that was stolen from me before ;-) Well, in fact it isn't illegal at all in Austria to download something :-D

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Choppers30

Hi had any joy ?

I know Im behind the game!

I reluctantly downloaded belle and wish I hadn't as soon as I had!

I object to paying for things that show in ovi I bought them and then can't re download them through no fault of my own.

Is there away of getting a refund for the apps from Nokia?  any advice appriciated!

Please use plain text.