Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to hard reset C6-01?

Sage
steceso
Accepted Solution

How to hard reset C6-01?

As subject says, the question is: how can I perform a hard reset on C6-01?

Not the one with 7370 code, the phisical one.

By the way, it's a very nice and good device! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: How to hard reset C6-01?

I guess the question is, why would you want to? You shouldn't need to. I know it was often recommended for older symbian devices, but the new ones have a lot more ram and memory and don't need a deep clean.

the board is littered with people who have hard reset  N8 and C7 and now regret it.

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Actually there is no need... just to know, in the case I need to. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The reset issue for the Symbian^3 devices are slightly different. The C6 uses a different version and should not have the same issue.

Anyway, the full reset is not something you should contemplate lightly and should only be done if necessary as it wipes all your data. So, always remember to backup your phone before performing resets as your data may be lost.

The "3 finger deep reset". With the phone powered off, depress and hold these three keys simultaneously "*" "3" "green phone" and then power on phone using the on/off button whilst keeping the three keys depressed until you hear start-up tone.

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Don't worry, of course I don't take it lightly. I know very well what it is and its effects, I was just wondering how to do it on this device. :smileywink:

The fact is that C6-01 doesn't have the keypad, and the red button is used to power on, so it's not holdable before turning on the device.

Anyway, after a deep reset (7370) all the things were at their place (Maps, Social and company), maybe because it is the last Symbian^3 and has a more stable firmware.

But the question still remains...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ChristopherG

cjlim wrote:

The reset issue for the Symbian^3 devices are slightly different. The C6 uses a different version and should not have the same issue.

Anyway, the full reset is not something you should contemplate lightly and should only be done if necessary as it wipes all your data. So, always remember to backup your phone before performing resets as your data may be lost.

The "3 finger deep reset". With the phone powered off, depress and hold these three keys simultaneously "*" "3" "green phone" and then power on phone using the on/off button whilst keeping the three keys depressed until you hear start-up tone.

So how do you pres these when the screen is dead? Its a c6-01 touch screen remember?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

The "3 finger deep reset". With the phone powered off, depress and hold these three keys simultaneously "*" "3" "green phone" and then power on phone using the on/off button whilst keeping the three keys depressed until you hear start-up tone

this will not work as there is no physical keys.

this is the hard reset code
(pressing volume down + camera key + menu key and pressing power button)

use at last resort as you will loose some apps

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

dont use this at random since it will remove some apps like Ovi store which may not be recoverable. Nokia recommends on its site not to perform 3 finger method unless it is absolutely necessary. Instead it recommends using *#7370# method.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ahyie

how to recover my locked code for C6-01?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

ahyie wrote:

how to recover my locked code for C6-01?

If its the Security Code..There is NO other way but to visit Nokia Care along with a prrof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) ..

For Network locked code, you must contact the Operator ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
achureal

thanks bro... u saved ma phone.... :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
revanasiddappa

i want pasword

[ Edited ]

timkamat wrote:
dont use this at random since it will remove some apps like Ovi store which may not be recoverable. Nokia recommends on its site not to perform 3 finger method unless it is absolutely necessary. Instead it recommends using *#7370# method.

Moderator's post: Duplicate quotes are removed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
revanasiddappa

Re: i want pasword

*#7370* method is want to pasword
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: i want pasword

revanasiddappa wrote:
*#7370* method is want to pasword

Default password is 12345 .. If you have set your own code, use that instead ...

Please use plain text.