Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to import contacts in Nokia E6-00 from .VCF fi...

kitharass

How to import contacts in Nokia E6-00 from .VCF file format??

Please tell me how I can import my contacts to my Nokia E6-00 ?

I have purchased Nokia E6-00 , previously i was using HTC Incredible S. I saved all my contacts in SD Card which saved in .VCF format. File is of 104KB. 

No shortcut to experience!
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Re: How to import contacts in Nokia E6-00 from .VCF file format??

[ Edited ]

I don´t know but I am using Funambol for contacts, backup and sync it with Nokia E6 and Outlook 2010.
I have never been a rock on vcf-formated files.
If you still have your HTC you probable can transfer the contacts to funambol and then transfer the contacts to E6.

You will find the Funambol in Ovi shop.

Good luck.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Sage
mustan111

I just switched to nokia E6-00 and was previously using e52.

I copied the contacts onto the phone mass memory>select contacts>Settings>Copy business card>From other memory>select mass memory (or sd card wherever you have copied the contacts onto)

and you are good to go.

Tell me if this helps..

I havent yet figured how to take backup of the contacts in the same format.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kermit39

I use an E6-00 and need some help to run the funambol client. I can't find E6-00 on the list of supported devices. Should I use the version 9.0.1 oder 10.0.1, 10.0.3 or whatever? I want to sync my data with Outlook 2010 (32bit) on XP (32) and Outlook 2010 (32bit) on Windows 7 (64bit).

What should be done with the configuration of my E6-00?

Thanks in advance

kermit39
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

I use Nokia E7 as the phone for the settings.

Win7 ultimate 32 bit and Outlook 2010 32 bit do work.

To use Outlook 2010 (64 bit) don´t work for the moment on Win7 Ult 64 bit, but if you have 32 bit Outlook it should work out on Win7 64 bit...check the forum..

Have to manage some things here....come back later

Just be careful the first times and before starting make the backup! I use Outllok to have the hard backup of anything including contacts in case of disaster...

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

version you find when you logging in to your account on funambol, I think it is 10.0.4

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

PS I dont sync mail in this, I use a kind of IMAP-solution here...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nofanto

If you have Mac, you could import VCF to Address Book and sync to phone using iSync, or you can import VCF to Gmail account and sync to phone via Mail for Exchange.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bbnaco

You could connect PC Suite. Start Contacts in PC Suite, hit Refresh. Then select and copy all the .vcf files in Explorer, switch to PC Suite contacts and just right click paste into the window.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kermit39

@Ztuka: Thank you very much, it worked with 10.0.5 / as E7 on my E6 as well as with 10.0.4 on my desktop. One issue left: I can't sync my notes with E6. On the desktop it runs without any problem, but on my E6 it stops with a communication error to the server after 80 items (from 340).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
harygoldie

It is easy check the Nokia help .

Link http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-ovi-suite/howto?ccf_name=nokia-suite-3-2/guide...

Below is the copied text from the help page .

To sync your Microsoft Outlook or Windows Contacts:

1. Open Nokia Suite.
  2. Select Tools > Options.
  3. Click Contacts.
  4. Select the calendar and mail application you want to sync with, for example, Microsoft Outlook or Windows Contacts (Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook Express).
  5. Click OK.
  6. Select Sync > Sync now > Contacts.

If the calendar and mail applications allow the selecting of certain user profiles and folders for syncing, you can choose to sync only work-related contacts, for example.

Now all your contacts are at your fingertips.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gujjurock1010

owsm yarr...its really working....thanxxxx

Please use plain text.