Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to install language pack

Advisor

How to install language pack

I am user of N73(Music Edition).

Please help me where I can download language pack such as traditional/simplified Chinese.

I am from Myanmar, so there is no Nokia Care Point. So, please tell me where can I download them.

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: How to install language pack

You cannot install any language packs for your phone.
Did you buy your phone in the country where you live, or somewhere abroad?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Language packs are not available for users to download and install themselves. This is something only a Nokia Care Point can do.

If there are no NCPs in Burma then you should be able to contact one in a neighbouring country. There are NCPs in China, Thailand, Bangladesh and India.

Visit http://www.nokia.com and choose "Asia" at the introduction. You will be given a list of countries in Asia where there are NCPs.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

it seems forbidden to say it is very easy to do using a tool available on the net
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The tool you mentioned must not be mentioned because its use will invalidate the phone's warranty. Discussion of anything that is liable to invalidate warranties (unauthorized software, disassembly, modding etc) is forbidden on these forums for two reasons I can think of straight away:

1) it is morally wrong to tempt people into doing things that can damage their possessions and leave them to pick up the tab

2) it would look like Nokia endorses that software and those practices with them appearing on an official Nokia site

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

1)  Why does Nokia not provide offical tools to accomplish this?

2) I'm also a long way from the nearest Nokia service center and have no problems invalidaing my phone's warrentee -- where can I find this 3rd party tool?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

[ Edited ]

(1) Because it is not economically viable to offer a software that (however many people you see on forums asking for it) that only a very small proportion of the millions of people who bu phones every year need.

(2) As already stated, this is a forum provided by Nokia and as such it is not permitted to talk about anything that invalidates the warranty. Rules are rules.

Message Edited by mccbleue on 06-Apr-2009 09:40 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DESe6

[ Edited ]

I know this is a very old thread but, I wonder; why would Nokia limit the end user to a specific set of languages on a handset?  Windows Phone allows choosing any language, Android allows choosing any language, and even the garbage iPhone allows it. 

I live in the US and because I want Russian (really want Ukrainian but that's another story) on my phone, I am forced to buy Nokia phones from vendors outside of the US in order to get the language I want.  That typically doubles the price of the phone.

This is another example of the poor end user relationship that Nokia offers and why Nokia has seen a market share avalanche.

Community Manager's note: earlier edit cancelled.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

As you quite rightly point out, this is a very old thread.

Our current range of Lumia smartphones do indeed allow a much wider choice of languages, you are not limited to a pre-set regional selection.

Back in the days of the N73, about which this topic was started, phone software was less sophisiticated than it is now and the phone had to share limited memory and processing resources across a wide range of features and applications, which is why it was not previously possible to give such a wide choice.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
radheverma

Nokia should listen this specific demand to hold the loyalty of customers
I support...
-radHE
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
th_daniel

as u mention that this problem was started at the time of n75, then can't nokia solve this problem at the of symbian devices
Please use plain text.