Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to make a Hard reset for Nokia C6-00

Advisor
Crayzz
Accepted Solution

How to make a Hard reset for Nokia C6-00

Hello,

Please help me how to reset my phone, because there is a lot of third party softwares installed on my C:smileytongue:hone Memory.How can I reset my Phone?

Any help would be Appreciated

Sage
Gingerbread

Re: How to make a Hard reset for Nokia C6-00

Hi,

3 Ways to reset your C: Phone Memory

1.Soft Format -you just have to press *#7370# and press Dial. The phone will request the security code that is by default 12345. Please be aware that you will loose all the data in your phone, so you should backup all relevant information.

2.Reset your Nokia C6-00 original settings - you need to press *#7780# and then Dial. The security code is 12345. Once you complete this, your phone will come back to factory settings, but you will not loose personal data. Anyway it is recommended to make a backup before performing any of the mentioned procedures. 

3.Call+END+Camera keys together -during a power on performs a hard format : this will return the phone like you have received; make sure to have full battery charged !

To HELP others to the extent of my ability expecting NO EXCHANGE or RETURN.

Registered Member
gaijin21

which is exactly the camera keys that you were reffering to on step number 3?

Sage
Gingerbread

On the LEFT side of the phone, his phone is C6-00

To HELP others to the extent of my ability expecting NO EXCHANGE or RETURN.

Sage
zoljac

[ Edited ]

Nokia C6-00 hard reset: 4th way!!!
Open qwerty and press and hold following keys:
SHIFT key + SPACE key + BACKSPACE key
Keep pressing those keys and power up your phone. Wait till Nokia's HANDSHAKE happens and release. :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. @Gingerbread:

You can't use END key in posts above as it is POWER ON / OFF key

Registered Member
Tiberius2

I have a C6-00 and forgot my security code, I tried everything but I can't reset him. Shift is the arrow pointing upwards, right? There are two of them, I tried pressing both plus space plus the arrow pointing to the left and then the turn on key, but nothing, he just turns on and asks for the password.

Sage
zoljac

HONESTLY! I haven't come across such a problem on my C6-00 or N97mini, but I had 5800XM pass protected and after I do hard reset with key combo it didn't asked for password. However it has preserved that changed pass and made me unavailable to make my custom one.
IF, you've made hard reset and it still asks for USER CODE PASS, you should contact some nearest service or Nokia Care to help you reading the code or changing it back to the DEFAULT one!
Contributor
RanaPS

Thanx a lot. the 4th way worked when all the three failed. :smileyhappy:  (Y)

Registered Member
KKDatta

Still unable to delete the softwares like friendster / bloomberg / cnn video / Hi5 etc on my C6-00.

Pls help. I have done soft & hard reset both

musica

Hi KKDatta. Are these apps came pre-installed on the phone or did you install these from Nokia Store? Have you tried re-installing the software of the phone using Nokia Suite? http://www.nokia.com/global/support/nokia-suite

Final Banner
Registered Member
fibin25

Thank you , Hard reseting helped me a lot

zoljac wrote:

Nokia C6-00 hard reset: 4th way!!!
Open qwerty and press and hold following keys:
SHIFT key + SPACE key + BACKSPACE key
Keep pressing those keys and power up your phone. Wait till Nokia's HANDSHAKE happens and release. :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. @Gingerbread:

You can't use END key in posts above as it is POWER ON / OFF key