Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to make internet calls with my Nokia N85

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

How to make internet calls with my Nokia N85

Hello, I tried to install gizmo on my N85 to make internet calls but I did not manage to configure all this !

Somebody could help me to install a service of Voip on my telephone.Which would work, of course.

Thanks a lot !

EverBeFree
Please use plain text.
Sage
travla

Re: How to make internet calls with my Nokia N85

Did you install Gizmo from the Download! application? If so, that should have worked fine, as I had mine set up and making calls within 10 minutes. BUT, I found their rates a little too expensive compared to my local VOIP service providers. As such, I highly recommend downloading the Forum Nokia VOIP Advanced Settings Tool:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/d476061e-90ca-42e9-b3ea-1a852f3808ec/SIP_VoIP_Settin...

This will allow you to add your own VOIP provider by adding an exta function under Net Settings called "Advanced VoIP settings". You will of course need to set the SIP settings first (available from your VoIP provider), and associate these SIP settings with your VoIP settings. This will add an extra tab to your contacts, where you can activate the service.

I can give more detailed information if you like, but give it a go, it really isn't that difficult once you have all the settings from your provider.

Regards,

travla

If you found this post helpful, please click on the green "Kudos!" star. Cheers!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thank you for your help !
EverBeFree
Please use plain text.

hi...can you please give me a detailed guide..i installed sip voip settings and configured the sip settings and i can make an internet call but just selecting the option for making calls but cannot disconnect from voip. can you please tell me under what name is it listed in the contacts tab?

thanks

guru

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
roberth

follow this link, hope its what youre looking for..........

/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=37276&query.id=222993#M37276

Please use plain text.

that was for pre fp2 phones. i am using voip flawlessly on my n95. but the problem is with the n79 and n85 phones where u dunt have the client. i just want to know how to activate and deactivate the internet telephony service in these phones as i cannot find anything in the contacts tab as the nokia manual suggests.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rykardo_s

Hello!

I've tried to download the SIP voip app 3.x from

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/d476061e-90ca-42e9-b3ea-1a852f3808ec/SIP_VoIP_Settin...

and it always give me an error.

Is it possible that someone who downloaded it correctly could send it to me?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.