Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to recover SMS and phone contact information a...

Advisor
Nokitemper

How to recover SMS and phone contact information after *#7370# reset of Nokia E71?

How to recover SMS and phone contact information after *#7370# reset of Nokia E71?

No backup was available.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: How to recover SMS and phone contact information after *#7370# reset of Nokia E71?

cant be done im afraid its gone

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: How to recover SMS and phone contact information after *#7370# reset of Nokia E71?

you can't recover that unless you stored your messages on the sd card , sorry mate
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nokitemper

Update:

I think that the *#7370# does format the SIM memory card, but I think there are tools to recover files after that.

Much as there are tools to recover lost files after a hard disk format on a computer. Right? Which tools can be used for the Nokia E71 SIM card? Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

[ Edited ]

well if you had numbers stored on the sim card then those remain untouched, its everything else that is gone unless you did a back up which you claim you did not. there is no such thing for a sim card. at least that i know of . 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nokitemper

Actually, both the SMS and the phone numbers were gone. I thought that *#7370# was a soft reset without data loss, yet I lost all SMS and phone numbers as said. I did the soft reset because the Nokia E71 was stuck after the PIN password sometimes and I had to try several times to enter. It is a new phone with just a few days of use.

Anyway, I am most interested on recovering the SMS data if that is possible. I was thinking on something like this:

How to recover a deleted SMS

http://www.dekart.com/howto/howto_sim_reader/how_to_recover_a_deleted_sms

So, the question seems to be: does *#7370# on the Nokia E71 deletes the SMS data, or does it only mark them as deleted? It the latter, it should be possible to recover them. And then, how?

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

it deletes the sms data,as pointed out if not backed up they are gone

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

*#7780# this is the code for the soft reset/restore factory settings and leave user data intact. you have used the hard reset code. sorry i missed to mention that in the previous post. in this case all your info is gone as it should be
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nokitemper

Thanks. I did not do

*#7780#

What I did was:

*#7370#

Has anyone tried to use SIM recovery applications to recover lost SMS under such circumstances (after #7780#)? Thanks again.

Please use plain text.