Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to remove email accounts from Nokia E5-00, ple...

shiv_galaxy

How to remove email accounts from Nokia E5-00, please help

How to remove email accounts, since wrongly posted.  from Nokia E5-00, please help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: How to remove email accounts from Nokia E5-00, please help

Delete the mailbox it self. When using Nokia Messaging, you've to be online to do so.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhushankotnis

GO TO MENU > OFFICE >EMAIL>SETTINGS>SELECT  EMAIL ACCOUNT AND PRESS OPTIONS- REMOVE MAILBOX.

E5-00
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
krish3155

i have hotmail and set as my mail box but its neither getting accessed or deleted so please help

Please use plain text.
pepe2144

Try Control panel > Settings > General > Email > Options > Del...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Michelsch

It keeps telling me that you should be connected try again later.

Please use plain text.
Raiso

Removal of Old Mail Boxes E5 HELP!

Although I loved the simple life tx and phone calls only, time moves on and so does the phones you get with your plans.

Mine was/is an E5-00

For months the email for Hotmail and Yahoo worked fine, then....one day....no longer.  Red circle with the cross, stuck in loops of putting in email address then password but never getting anywhere.

I finally stumbled across a section on the Vodaphone website where I had to put in my requirements and vodaphone send me a SMS with the settings for my phone for the mail boxes I wanted:  http://vodafoneau.wdsglobal.com/phonefirst?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=450&width=500.  Problem 1 solved

Do not understand why it work then did not, nor why I need vodaphones intervention, however, it has taken me 2 months and hours of searching to get to this point which is now working hotmail, gmail accounts on my phone.

Where am I at now....stuck with a Hotmail and Yahoo mail box on my phone that I just cannot delete.  

You know the message "can't connect, try again later" .  Good grief I have been trying again later for 2 months since this whole issue started.  

I have read forum after forum and instruction after instruction and so far short of smashing the E5 and the mail boxes it contains I do not see a way to remove it.

Yes I have tried everything.  Where it says "solved" I got excited.  I am not sure what the solution was as everything I tried has not worked from the postings.

Truely frustrated and need some solid advice other than get a new phone...still 18months on this sucker

RAISO (don't make me upgrade my nokia again)

Please use plain text.
Quillicheenie

Re: Removal of Old Mail Boxes E5 HELP!

I also am having the same problems. My iPhone broke and I end up with an E5.

Nokia, if you don't provide answers about how to remove e-mail accounts, I'm just gonna switch to another brand. This is my first Nokia so I probably won't switch back if this is the Nokia experience.

Please use plain text.
Quillicheenie

I've figured it out!

TO REMOVE ALL E-MAIL SETTINGS:

Menu>Ctrl. panel>Settings>General>Factory settings> ENTER LOCK CODE 12345

Phone will restart and all e-mail settings will be gone.

To reenter your email accounts try using the wizard.

Menu>Ctrl. panel>Sett. wizard>E-mail setup

Worked for me!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zulfi799

Even Restoring Factory Setting didn't solved the issue and i am still unable to Remove Email Account and still getting the Error. Cannot Remove Email Account, Please try later"

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jeypsquest

Thank you. This is helpful.
Please use plain text.
niyi4good

I have a Nokia E5 phone and i have been trying to remove the mailboxes to no avail. Pls assist me.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
avbindia

This is really wonderful -it worked!!!! I was about to throw off my Nokia never to get back.. Now I will give some more time.. TY
Please use plain text.
zohilfazal

To delet mailbox  For symbian S60  [e 5, e 72 , e71, etc...]Go to Menu>Office>Email>Settings>[mailbox you want to delete (eg.gmail OR yahoo OR ABC OR etc....)]Then OPTION >REMOVE MAIL BOX .THEN TO TAKE EFFECT RESTART YOUR PHON

Plz RAte ME

zohil
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

zohilfazal wrote:

Plz RAte ME

tRyInG to ReAd mIxtuRe of small case and capitals doesn't make easy reading!:smileywink:

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
dasrishie5

i am also facing the same problem, but there is no resolution....pl help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

dasrishie5, which error message(s) do you get? We need them word-for-word.

Please use plain text.