Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: How to send GPS data to a laptop?

Registered Member

How to send GPS data to a laptop?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone has an idea about how to set up the E71 to a laptop in order to receive the data from the GPS (Latitude and Longitude)onto the computer. I'm trying to use the GPS of the phone on a marine navigation software (Maxsea)but I cannot get the software to find the GPS data of the E 71.
Any help on the matter will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruno
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hricardo

I've never saw any application that does that. I believe it's almost impossible to connect the GPS inside your Nokia phone straight to your PC.

Maybe a piece o application can do that, and probably not in a way you expect, but as gps data feed only, not as a bluetooth gps device.

A friend of mine does paragliding and developed an application that sends gps data from his N95 back to his wife on land, allowing her to track him on the air even without visual - cool app, but not an usual approach.

Regards,

Ricardo
Nokia E71-3 - Wireless Warrior
Please use plain text.
Contributor
olvi

22-Oct-2008 07:30 PM
brouget wrote:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone has an idea about how to set up the E71 to a laptop in order to receive the data from the GPS

Bruno

You can give a try to
http://www.symarctic.com/beta/index.php?entry=entry070925-235759

New ExtGPS version is available. Symarctic ExtGPS allows you to share phone's built-in GPS module to laptop via Bluetooth. It is mainly targeted for Nokia N95, E90, 6110 Navigator handsets, allowing you to use existing, more sophisticated GIS applications. Free for personal, non-commercial use.

I don't know if it works in E71, but hope so. I have seen another applicatin for this purpose too but unfortunately I forgot where to find it.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

31-Oct-2008 12:25 PM
olvi wrote:
I don't know if it works in E71, but hope so. I have seen another applicatin for this purpose too but unfortunately I forgot where to find it.

Hi olvi

Couldn't get ExtGPS to work using N82 with Route 66 on a Mac unfortunately, whereas no issues with other External Bluetooth GPS receivers.:smileysad:

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

This works using my e71 and a macbook no worries. just remember to create the serial port in your os's bluetooth settings while ExtGPS is running and you will be fine.
Please use plain text.
Ajay_Mehta

[ Edited ]

Hi deejaybags,

would u plz let me know how to create serial port in Os's bluetooths settings. please mail me

with warm regards

Ajay

Moderator's Note:

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum. This is for your personal safety and privacy.

Please use plain text.