Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to transfer contacts to new phone? (Nokia E7...

Contributor
chuff
Accepted Solution

How to transfer contacts to new phone? (Nokia E72)

Hello

I have just got a new Nokia E72

I want to transfer the contacts off my old phone

The old phone is a 3 Skypephone S2, which is not compatible for a bluetooth transfer.

I stored all the details onto the memory card, put it into new phone, and saved them to the new Nokia so they are on the right phone...

Now I just need to know HOW to put them from where they are stored on the memory card, into my 'contacts' list so I can use them

Thanks!

Chuff

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: How to transfer contacts to new phone? (Nokia E72)

Transferring from SIM card is one way, unfortunately SIM card appears to only store NAME (16-character limit) and 1 contact number.  If previous cellphone had longer NAMEs and multiple contact numbers (or other details, like addresses), then the SIM card doesn't copy them over.. :-(

Just wondering, is there not some utility where you could transfer the contacts of your old phone to the PC? Then it might be possible for the PC to convert them to a format that's compatible with the E72.

I notice that the contacts list in the E72 are actually stored as .VCF files in the phone memory / memory card.  So if your old phone is also storing each contact as .VCF files, maybe there would be some way of just copying all the .VCF files from the old phone to the memory card of the E72.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chuff

Hi guys

the contact details are indeed .vcf files.    I just need to know WHERE they go on the new nokia so they show up on my contacts list   :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Chuff

Please use plain text.
Sage

I notice there's an "e:\others\contacts" folder on my memory card (if using file manager of the E72). Or you could also remove the memory card and plug into a memory card reader and find the \others\contacts and copy over the .vcf files there.

I haven't actually tried the above procedure myself, and you may need to use the Contacts command for the phone to recognize the vcf files to its internal memory.

There's more information here:

/t5/Nseries-Devices-and-S60/Copy-contacts-between-PC-and-Nokia-N95-8GB-without-PC-Suite/m-p/630885

~~~~~

Kindly click the 'Kudos' button if this works for you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chuff

d_t_a

You my friend, are a diamond

I copied the .vcf files to the folder you mentioned - e:/Others/Contacts/

Still not showing, but in 'contacts' I chose the option:

create backup/backup from memory card to phone

And voila, the contacts now show in my address book

Thank you very much for your help, I am a happy man now   :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Charles0807

How to transfer contacts to new E63 phone by bluetooth

Just bought 2 new E63 phones, one for me one for mate, trying to figure how to change the contacts between the two phones.  ONe already has a microcard, the other does not yet (will after today).  I have them "paired" on bluetooth but can't figure out how to make them "talk" to each other in regards to contacts???

Please use plain text.
lakeside

Default Contact Memory (Nokia E72)

HI, I JUST GOT AN E72 BUT DISCOVERED THAT THE CONTACT DEFAULT MEMORY IS ONLY THE PHONE MEMORY. COULD IT BE CHANGED TO MEMORY CARD? BEST REGARDS.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ScoBe

Re: Default Contact Memory (Nokia E72)

I doubt it, at least I can't find a setting to do that on my E63.  However, contact information itself doesn't take up much space.  (unless you keep pictures or 1000s of contacts).  It's plain text and really small compared to the other things on your phone or card (apps, data, media).  Plus, there is a pretty good argument to keeping it on your phone, since otherwise if your memory card is out of the phone, or in use as USB mass storage, or gets hosed: no contacts.  And these days, no contacts almost means you can't make a call  (who remembers numbers anymore?) 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
riazahmed

chuff:  thanks, works for me too

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
krummels

I did exactly the same.... but it does not word for me. Please help!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Connect your  old mobile to PC via usb. Open the installed software " Nokia pc suite".Click the contact. All the contact list in your mobile will appear. Select all contact by control A. Then at top left corner, go to File>export>xyz.csv file. Close the software and replace the old mobile with new one. Open the installed software " Nokia pc suite".Click the contact. File>import>xyz.csv file. Click ok. All the contact will get copied.

Please use plain text.