Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to transfer text messages (SMS) from Nokia e71...

Registered Member

How to transfer text messages (SMS) from Nokia e71 to PC

I'm switching phones soon. Does anybody have any idea how I can save all my important text messages (SMS) from my Nokia e71 to my PC? I tried googling and nothing came up. Thanks!
Professor
xenogriff

Re: How to transfer text messages (SMS) from Nokia e71 to PC

u can try using pc suite : http://europe.nokia.com/pcsuite

download and install the application then u will have 3 different options:

1) export the messages to a single excel file

2) drag and drop the messages from the communication centre to the desktop

3) use the backup option to backup the messages and restore them to ur new nokia phone (not guaranteed to work all the time though)

if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Counsellor
dixiesmu

Open Nokia PC Suite

Click on Messages

Click on File

Click on Import

Your messages will now be saved in the PC Suite until you delete them.

Professor
xenogriff

note: that should read as export rather than import since u want to get the messages from the phone to the PC :smileytongue:

if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Counsellor
dixiesmu

Thats true, but once in the PC Suite all you have to do is open the message and copy/paste to note or word
Professor
xenogriff

u could do that but that means ur having to open each message individually and copy and paste to a text document

using the export option creates a single file automatically with all the details for the message : sender, time and date of message, message content

Counsellor
dixiesmu

Okay I'll go with that