Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How use normal pc-antivirus to check N73

Contributor

How use normal pc-antivirus to check N73

How can i use normal "pc-antivirus -Avira" software to scan Nokia N73.
There is no option for that in Nokia PC-suite.
http://i28.tinypic.com/2060sx5.jpg

I don´t want instal F-secure mobile in my phone. (preinstalled or something, must get rid of it, somehow)

Is there any antivirus for N73 phone what i can update and activate with my PC.
(dowloadin update packet first in PC an then to phone via bluetooth ..etc.)

there is no any good free antivirus for that phone or is it? (i haven`t found any)

thank you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: How use normal pc-antivirus to check N73

Hi rele

What about changing connection to "data transfer" mode on phone interface and connecting your N73 to PC as a Windows USB mass storage device?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
yes scoobyman is right. when it is on data storage mode it will appear as e.g. drive f on your computer. then you can select that drive in your antivirus and scan that drive. I dont think it will scan your phones memory but only the mass storage.

Message Edited by wah007 on 30-Mar-2008 02:25 PM

Message Edited by wah007 on 30-Mar-2008 02:25 PM
Please use plain text.
Professor

scoobyman is rite...you can do that...
quickheal anti virus is a good one that safe for your pc and you can scan your mobile through usb cable...and yea n73 works with quickheal
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks , it works. First come alert that it´s not suitable way to connect pc-suite (i`m not even open it).
But who cares.
It show up drive K and i make virus check, nice job. i`m not sure if it check phone memory,must study this thing.
Please use plain text.
Professor

thats really good ...and after you study it nicely ...if you find something worth sharing..do tell us...knowledge is "precious"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

So far, there are no viruses for the N73, and in addition PC/Windows virus scanners scan for PC/Windows viruses and other malicious apps, and I don't think they'd recognize any malicious apps for phones (or any different operating system than Windows).
Please use plain text.
Sage

petrib wrote;

'and in addition PC/Windows virus scanners scan for PC/Windows viruses and other malicious apps, and I don't think they'd recognize any malicious apps for phones (or any different operating system than Windows). '

That is not entirely correct (maybe I am wrong). Once I was trying to read a memory card of a mobile phone on my computer and NOD32 warned me of presence of malicious code in the card and offered to remove it.

Sorry, I don't remember name of the virus.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Then it was a false alarm (that's quite typical for virus scanners), or it was a bit pattern in a phone software that happens to match the signature of a PC virus, but that doesn't mean it is a phone virus or a PC virus.
Please use plain text.
Sage

petrib wrote;

'Then it was a false alarm (that's quite typical for virus scanners), or it was a bit pattern in a phone software that happens to match the signature of a PC virus, but that doesn't mean it is a phone virus or a PC virus.'
-------------------

OK sorry, Thanks for correction.
Please use plain text.
Sage
adi_vastava

I agree with petrib, because signature for windows & symbian virus are most probably be different. So for a normal PC AntiVirus it is not possible to scan correctly a phone, even if you do so AV will search for windows(PC OS) viruses in phone & will not alert in case of a virus which is related to symbian.

But QuickHeal AV for PC also supports few phone's OS & claimed to detect viruses when the phone is connected to PC via USB or bluetooth. Quick heal claims that they incorporated signatures of both PC as well as Phones viruses.

I heard about this from a local newspaper although not yet used it.
Please use plain text.
Professor

petrib is rite..i was about to buy fsecure but since i joined this forum..well the knowledge i got from here helped me save that money...
i have already mentioned earlier that quickheal is good..both for pc and phone and they have the different set of things for checking mobile virus and you get almost all the latest sets which can be scanned by usb attached to your phone...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i ask that in AntiVir PersonalEdition Support Forum
and they
say: "Yes, your AntiVir PE Classic will also detect Symbian viruses"
Please use plain text.
Professor

well just a suggestion buddy...people say many things to sell their products..and afterwards once you got stuck with their thing..keep writing mails and calling up customer service to hear their replies...
i suggested quickheal because i am using it...there can be a better one then that...always try to get user opinion or reviews before eventually buying it...afterall its your money
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
"people say many things to sell their products" yes you are right, but AntiVir PE Classic is total free, "no dineros needed software"

Message Edited by rele on 31-Mar-2008 07:35 PM
Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]
if its free then you can try it out my friend...still do read the user opinion of people who have installed it.i have read many guys using applications and things that make their phone hang etc

after all its your precious phone mate...not a Guinea pig to experiment on...if we are bit careful with our phone and try to understand things..then half our problems are solved

Message Edited by obaid786 on 01-Apr-2008 08:17 AM
Please use plain text.